Workplace Manager (London)
This dynamic role will report to the EMEA Operations Manager. The role requires direct oversight for all aspects of day-to-day operations within the London Office and provide support to other Twitter’s offices in the EMEA region. The position requires interfacing with customers and partners; oversee teams of vendors, contractors and service providers. This leader will be responsible for the management of the London Office budget, in addition to performance setting, monitoring, controlling, reporting and benchmarking of all Real Estate and Workplace (REW) related activities.
This role is critical in driving culture in the London Office; creates and elevates programmes and amenities that make employees love coming to work every day. Must have a passion for developing and maintaining a world-class workspace that inspires staff to do their best work. #Passion and personality matter
This position is highly visible within the Region, requiring close partnerships and interactions within Twitter
- Monitor facilities operations including the performance of vendors, service providers, food & event services, mail/post services, building & equipment maintenance, and other operational requirements for the London offices and support to other offices in the EMEA region as required.
- Develop long-term planning and establishment of initiatives aimed to achieve operational excellence.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and identifies processes for continuous improvement.
- Deliver friendly and prompt customer service to Twitter employees and its business partners.
- Direct our business partners and consultants to ensure we are providing an environment that inspires and energizes our internal teams.
- Management and development of staff.
- Ensure that written procedures exist for each FM and REW Operations initiatives.
- Develop, prepare and present a monthly London office operations performance and risk management report.
- Develop, execute and present the London Operations Quarterly Business Review (QBR).
- Ensure proactive and mitigative statutory and legislative compliance initiatives are properly executed for all REW related tasks.
- Identify, establish, monitor, analyse and report internal metrics and KPIs, with a view of evaluating trends, apply corrective actions and establish alignment with strategic or tactical REW initiatives.
- Working closely with the London and EMEA Corporate Security Lead to support the implementation programs relating to all Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) initiatives to ensure compliance with local laws and codes, meanwhile supporting overlapping REW / Corporate Security tasks within the region.
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing & Procurement on bidding, drafting and managing vendor contracts, including conducting formal performance reviews.
- Management of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Capital Expense and Operating Budget for the London Office and other smaller offices in the region, including the reporting of P/L, forecasting, expense approvals, budget variance, accruals and reconciliations as necessary.
- Extensive experience in PPM, Building Management and Task systems is advantageous.
- Expected travel for this position is 10%
Who You Are:
A strong leader, one who inspires, leads by example, demonstrates good judgment, and with a proven track record of motivating and mentoring teams.
- Ability to remain energetic, motivated, positive and customer service-oriented in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment.
- Proactive and transparent work style with a strong sense of ownership.
- High degree of ambition and strong desire to strive for operational excellence and world-class sustainability practices.
- Excellent Finance skills in planning, monitoring and reporting, with strong commercial awareness.
- Strong Critical Thinker and Analytical ability with exposure to Data Analytics in FM and Finance.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly; interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency and productivity.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to remain agile and adaptable in a dynamic environment – must be able to prioritize and multitask
- Creative problem-solver and self-starter
- Strong customer relationship management skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions/levels
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
- Proficient in Google Docs, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS project, MacOS and Oracle Purchasing is preferred.
- Formal technical education or degree equivalent qualification level essential.
- A minimum of 5 years in Corporate Facilities Management or related field experience required in the London market.
- Successful track record of creating, maintaining and tracking processes and procedures for facilities and quality standard services. Implementation of an ISO 9001 Quality Standards System is advantageous.
- Firm understanding and experience with building and managing facilities operational and capital expense budgeting & forecasting.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail.
- Experience hiring and managing people in a corporate environment, as well as managing remotely multiple facilities operations and staff.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!