Technical Support Specialist (Live Video) - Contract
Who we are:
Periscope was founded on the belief that live video is a powerful source of truth and connects us in an authentic way with the world around us. We are fascinated by the idea of discovering the world through someone else’s eyes. What’s it like to see through the eyes of a protester in Ukraine? Or watch the sunrise from a hot air balloon in Cappadocia?
The Periscope/Twitter live video team is looking to expand support services to include proactive, on-call, and live technical support. Our goal is to provide real-time support in an effort to strengthen our relationship with media companies and brand advertisers that produce cross-platform content on Periscope and Twitter.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the Support, Sales, and Content Partnerships teams at Periscope to provide world-class support to our customers and help them resolve issues around their live events and use of video on Twitter.
- Provide technical, functional, and troubleshooting support to Twitter’s media partners
- Actively monitor promoted live events to ensure the video stream and other aspects of broadcast are healthy
- Provide email and phone support to premium partners before and during live events; troubleshoot any technical issues leading up to events
- Work closely with both the video engineering and support teams to ensure all technical issues of the premium accounts are addressed or otherwise transferred to the appropriate team
- Work closely with the support and eng teams to define and build out our long-term support strategy and tools; proactively develop documentation and material
- Available to work evenings (after 6pm) and weekends in addition to pre-scheduled hours, with at least 24 hours advance notice.
- 2+ years experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting software and/or customer service on computer systems, ideally experience with live-streaming or on demand video platforms
- Familiarity with and experience in video, encoders and live streaming
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfort and fluency in technical troubleshooting
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Able to organize and execute on tasks without heavy management oversight
- Ability to operate/adapt to change in a highly variable, multi-tasking work environment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!