Linux Systems Engineer
Integrating hardware into a complex software stack is challenging. Come join our Hardware Engineering team, and help us build the most efficient fleet of servers. You will join a team responsible for scaling Twitter's compute infrastructure.
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking for a System Engineer to add to our Hardware Engineers team. Our mission is to design and deliver the hardware that runs Twitter, and to make sure we keep our data centers efficient. We are looking to take our infrastructure to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
As a System Engineer you will help design and validate large scale systems that will power Twitter’s compute infrastructure. You will work with engineering teams to lead solutions that handle the full lifecycle of servers and develop systems monitoring frameworks. You will also work with the hardware design team to ensure reliability through system burn-in, hardware and software quality tests.
Who You Are:
You like building data center infrastructure, and have been looking for the next challenge in your career. You should have strong opinions about how to test, and qualify software, firmware, and server hardware components. You understand linux system administration, including the experience to build and deploy drivers and software packages. You love building tools and automating tests. You should be familiar with industry standard software and firmware qualification processes.
- Work with hardware engineering to design, validate, maintain systems.
- Develop automation (in Python) of qualification test framework for new hardware systems.
- Troubleshoot and drive corrective actions of Linux kernels, drivers, and firmware (BIOS and BMC) issues.
- You will collaborate regularly with internal product teams to understand requirements and cultivate product knowledge.
- You will generate and review validation plans and oversee execution and test reports
- Be able to work with other engineers to define, develop, and improve test scripts
- Technical Degree (BS Computer Science) or equivalent
- 5+ years professional experience in software and system engineering.
- Experience in delivering large-scale system software development products. Deep understanding of OS concepts and internals with Linux, UNIX, BSD and Centos /Redhat.
- Working knowledge of HW architectures of x86 servers & sub-systems
- Working knowledge of PXE boot, NIC bonding & DHCP
- Experience in scripting, specifically Python required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!