Head of Internal Communications
Head of Internal Communications
San Francisco, CA
Who You Are:
The Twitter Culture & Experiential team is looking for a passionate, strategic and energetic internal/employee communications lead to manage our employee comms and engagement efforts. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and within our walls-- the live, dynamic, and powerful nature of the platform should be felt throughout the org. You will help shape the Twitter experience for our most important influencers and advocates--our people. Our Head of Internal Comms will manage all internal communications, channels and tools. This role will help hone our voice, craft and consult on messaging and executive communications, announce HR initiatives, design compelling programs, and create experiences that drive impact and engagement.
This role will work with senior leadership and a variety of global stakeholders to shape messaging and ensure our people are informed, included and inspired.
This position is located in SF and will require periodic travel.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and lead Twitter’s global internal communications and content strategy.
- Oversee all internal communication plans, calendars, content and collateral, including HR Comms, product announcements and updates, crisis and change management messaging and company All Hands.
- Design and launch full-funnel internal marketing campaigns that inspire employees to evangelize Twitter’s brand and core values
- Partner with leadership team/staff to bring company goals, values and vision to life internally
- Manage and provide strategic vision for the internal comms team, ensuring alignment and cohesion among written communications, installations and events.
- Team with Global Marketing & Communications colleagues to ensure consistency and alignment between internal and external messaging, activations and experiences
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and regional leads, define their communication requirements, and provide them with strategic advice and counsel
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior staff to ensure growth and future success
- 8- 10 years of global communications experience - internal, external, or agency.
- Experience in change and /or crisis management
- Strong people manager with the ability to build and nurture a high-performing team.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, exerting influence without direct authority
- Ability to synthesize and accurately disseminate information from across a variety of business areas
- Excellent verbal communicator, brilliant writer, strong editor to create compelling messaging and narratives, minus the corporate-speak
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You’re a strong writer and storyteller who can distill complex concepts, craft a compelling narrative, and build an emotional connection.
- You are adaptable and humble, willing to take on projects big and small.
- Must be a strong innovator and content strategist
- Possess top-notch interpersonal skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, able to set own priorities, and work under tight deadline pressure
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive, results-oriented, and did we mention, fun?!
- Passion, charisma, confidence.
- You #LoveTwitter. Hashtags make you happy.
- A degree in Journalism, English, or Communications is preferred
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!