Software Engineering Manager - Ads Formats
Who We Are:
As a part of Twitter’s Revenue organization, the Ad Formats team builds every single consumer experience for our Revenue products that bring in $2.2+B.
This position is for the engineering manager of the Ad Formats team. The team is predominantly comprised of mobile engineers (iOS, Android) that work deeply inside Twitter’s core app across a number of different surface areas from Timelines, Tweet Composition, Moments, Live Video to different parts of the mobile stack like Cards, Video, Performance, Networking. The team also has backend engineers that shape the infrastructure for how promoted experiences are delivered to consumers.
We’re looking for a technical, product savvy and industry experienced engineering manager to join us to lead this stellar team of 11 passionate and talented engineers. Mobile product experience either as an engineer or a manager is a big plus.
The Ad Formats team is involved in every single Revenue product that is shipped to end customer which provides a rich exposure to the advertising industry as well as how consumer products are built. The team works closely with product design and product managers with a focus on usability, performance, and modularity.
Who You Are:
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management.
- Be an aggressive source of engineering talent and be comfortable closing candidates.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and the team.
- Initiate cross-function collaboration with Product, and Design to develop high quality focused products and inspire your team to independently initiate this same collaboration.
- Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of Twitter as a company and how their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Be responsible for the team’s technical strategy and roadmap – creating success metrics in close collaboration with other Engineering and Product Managers.
- Previously managed a team of 5-10 engineers and has 1+ years of management experience. Experience with building products, taking them to the market and iterating and improving them over time.
- Has the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and is comfortable diving into the different parts of the stack encompassing front-end and backend.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science and a strong computer science foundation with a prior track record of excellence as an engineer.
- Experience with having built or managed teams that built mobile products is a big plus.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation). Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance.
- Bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Work with tech leads and senior engineers to gather product requirements, gut checks new feature proposals and large product improvements.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!