Software Engineer (Video) - Periscope
Who We Are:
Just over a year ago, we became fascinated by the idea of discovering the world through someone else’s eyes. What if you could see through the eyes of a protester in Ukraine? Or watch the sunrise from a hot air balloon in Cappadocia? It may sound crazy, but we wanted to build the closest thing to teleportation. While there are many ways to discover events and places, we realized there is no better way to experience a place right now than through live video. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but live video can take you someplace and show you around. Periscope was started by a few friends and the idea of letting people see the world through someone else’s eyes, a visual pulse of what’s happening - right now. Over the last few months, we have expanded the team and are looking for people just as excited about this vision.
What You'll Do:
Our immediate need is for someone to design and implement real-time video stabilization for mobile clients. Going forward, the position would own video processing pipelines both on mobile clients and backend servers that optimize the viewing experience provided by a system where video is captured by amateur videographers with handheld devices, streamed up to a server over a link of varying quality, and streamed down to an audience of a few or a few thousand viewers, each with varying device capabilities, display resolutions. and link qualities -- all while latency is constrained to allow interactivity between the broadcaster and viewers.
Assist in the development of computer vision-based features
Who You Are:
- You consider yourself a a great teamate.
- Solid background not just in image and video processing, but also as a software developer.
- Experience in computer vision and graphics or experience developing on mobile platforms would be a huge plus.
- Prior experience developing gyro-based video stabilization with rolling shutter correction is also desired.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. MS. or Ph.D. preferred.
- 5+ years developing video or multimedia software.
- Experience in software performance optimization for real-time processing
- Proficiency in an object-oriented language like C++, Java, or Objective-C
- Strong background in image and video processing.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!