Software Engineer (Video) - Periscope
Periscope was founded on the belief that live video is a powerful source of truth and connects us in an authentic way with the world around us. We are fascinated by the idea of discovering the world through someone else’s eyes. What’s it like to see through the eyes of a protester in Ukraine? Or watch the sunrise from a hot air balloon in Cappadocia? While there are many ways to discover events, movements and places, we realized there is no better way to experience something than through live video. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but live video lets us explore the world together.
Who We Are:
What You'll Do:
Our immediate need is for someone to design and implement real-time video stabilization for mobile clients. Going forward, the position would own video processing pipelines both on mobile clients and backend servers that optimize the viewing experience provided by a system where video is captured by amateur videographers with handheld devices, streamed up to a server over a link of varying quality, and streamed down to an audience of a few or a few thousand viewers, each with varying device capabilities, display resolutions. and link qualities -- all while latency is constrained to allow interactivity between the broadcaster and viewers.
Assist in the development of computer vision-based features
Who You Are:
- You consider yourself a a great teamate.
- Solid background not just in image and video processing, but also as a software developer.
- Experience in computer vision and graphics or experience developing on mobile platforms would be a huge plus.
- Prior experience developing gyro-based video stabilization with rolling shutter correction is also desired.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. MS. or Ph.D. preferred.
- 5+ years developing video or multimedia software.
- Experience in software performance optimization for real-time processing
- Proficiency in an object-oriented language like C++, Java, or Objective-C
- Strong background in image and video processing.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!