Software Engineer (Full-Stack) - Ads Innovation
Note: Applicants with experience beyond these qualifications may be considered for this role at a more senior level.
It’s a tweet. It’s promoted content. It’s promoted content. It’s a tweet. The world’s most important conversations happen live, in real-time, on and off Twitter. We offer brands and businesses a truly unique opportunity to be part of the conversation with millions of people with content that fits in seamlessly. Ads Innovation builds the iOS, Android, frontend, and backend platform that businesses use to rapidly promote themselves in new and innovative ways that customers love.
Who We Are:Ads Innovation is a team of full-stack engineers passionate about Twitter, with deep expertise in frontend, backend, iOS, and Android. We experiment and iterate quickly, and focus on the high-impact impact solutions for Twitter and businesses. We are the engine of innovation for brands and businesses at Twitter, and we are growing rapidly in San Francisco.
What You’ll Do
- Build tools and platforms that are easy to use and serve the need of advertisers and internal customers with modern web technologies
- You will work closely with your team including other software engineers, product managers, and internal customers
- Proactively look for ways to make our processes and Twitter employees more productive
Who You Are
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Past professional experience of building web application
- Strong understanding of full web-stack (JS to DB)
- Strong algorithms and data structures background
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies, CI/CD
- Customer focused
- Looking to always learn new and improve existing skills
- 2 year and above industrial experience working on UI tool
- Web client experience: React.js, babel, flow, redux, less css.
- Web server experience: Finatra, web server written in Scala
- Prior experience in mobile video-related technologies
- Data-informed product development experience (e.g., analytics, A/B testing)
- Prior experience working for a consumer Internet company
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!