Software Engineer (Data) - MoPub
Who We Are:
MoPub is the world’s largest mobile application advertising exchange and complete ad serving platform. From individual developers to the largest names in mobile apps and games, MoPub’s customers span the globe with over 30 billion ad requests/day. We build features that help make our infrastructure more efficient and scalable to handle growing traffic on the platform.
What You’ll Do:
As a part of MoPub’s Data team, you will join a small and passionate engineering team working on our MoPub data pipeline, machine learning models, and various systems that use data to make better decisions for our customers. You will work closely with product managers, data analysts, data scientists, and other engineers to build and maintain a robust data pipeline. You will build and use the latest highly scalable and performant systems to process dozens of terabytes of data a day. These data pipelines power some of the product features, billing, reporting and analytics systems.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about data infrastructure technologies (Hadoop, Druid, Presto, Vertica, Postgres)
- Want to learn how one of the world’s largest Ad Exchange works
- Able to take on complex problems, learn quickly, and persist towards a good solution
- Understand of core CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms
- Curious about Machine Learning and large scale distributed systems
- BS/MS Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in either data infrastructure or backend systems
- Broad knowledge of the data infrastructure ecosystem
- Good understanding of (one or more of the following): Scala, C++ or Java
- Experience with Hadoop or other MapReduce-based architectures
- Must have experience working with large data volumes
- Experience with realtime analytics pipelines
- Experience with Kafka, Storm or other Streaming Compute based technologies is a plus
- Experience with ad tech is a plus
- Experience using Key-Value stores is a plus
- Interest in ML is a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!