Software Engineer (Continuous Integration)
Who We Are
Twitter’s Continuous Integration team builds and operates the infrastructure which makes it possible for Twitter engineers to work together seamlessly and contribute code to the company while ensuring that systems continue to function. We are a part of the Engineering Effectiveness organization that provides build tools, source control, test frameworks, and desktop tooling to enhance the productivity of all Twitter engineers.
What You’ll Do
- As an engineer on the Continuous Integration (CI) team, you will enhance the CI environment, tools and experiences for all Twitter developers. These CI systems are highly performant and operate at scale, processing thousands of CI builds per day, allowing you to have far-reaching impact across the organization.
- You will architect, design and implement solutions for managing a large number of CI jobs and job executions, leveraging the latest technologies, customized for Twitter use cases, using primarily Python, Bash and Java.
- You will define CI processes, integrating tasks such as source code fetch, build, test, publish and deployment, making sure these tasks are executed accurately, consistently and securely.
- You will manage the infrastructure for high availability and high performance, leveraging automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible.
- You will work with application developers, tool developers and the open source community to continuously improve the CI experience.
- You will define, design and implement the vision of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery to improve the speed of code delivery across Twitter.
Who You Are
- You have empathy for developers, a passion for engineering productivity, and experience delivering scalable distributed systems.
- You have experience with Continuous Integration - Continuous Delivery, Build and Test Automation, Source Code Management and Deployment Tools
- You have experience developing full stack web services and CLI applications, familiar with Java, Python.
- You have experience with configuration management, application integration and automation, familiar with Puppet, Ansible and Bash
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!