Software Engineer (Continuous Integration)
Who We Are
Twitter’s Continuous Integration team builds and operates the infrastructure which makes it possible for Twitter engineers to work together seamlessly and contribute code to the company while ensuring that systems continue to function. We are a part of the Engineering Effectiveness organization that provides build tools, source control, test frameworks, and desktop tooling to enhance the productivity of all Twitter engineers.
What You’ll Do
- You will design, build, and operate the current and next generation of our continuous integration infrastructure.
- You will collaborate with technical teams and leaders across the company as well as the open source community.
- Communicate with Twitter's thousands of engineers to understand their roadblocks and design solutions to improve their productivity. You will code primarily in Python, Scala, Java, and Go.
Who You Are
- You have empathy for developers, a passion for engineering productivity, and experience delivering scalable distributed systems.
- You have built and delivered continuous integration systems, tools or frameworks. Jenkins, although not a requirement, would be nice.
- You have experience with one of: Python, Scala, Java, Go
- You bring a solid understanding of systems and application design, including the operational tradeoffs of various designs
- You enjoy working with and influencing a myriad of personalities at all levels
- You relish learning new programming languages, technology stacks, and are always on the lookout for the best solution for the problem at hand
- 5yrs+ industry experience preferred
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!