Software Engineer - MoPub Ad Serving
Who We Are
MoPub is the world’s largest mobile application advertising exchange and complete ad serving platform. From individual developers to the largest names in mobile apps and games, our customers span the globe and generate tens of billions of ad requests a day.
Who You Are
As a MoPub backend engineer, you will be responsible for developing, scaling, and maintaining the high throughput, low latency core services that makes up the MoPub platform. The platform that you will work on day to day is what mobile application developers all over the world rely on to build scalable business and maximize revenue by showing high quality ads. Can you contribute right away to a high scale, low latency distributed ad serving platform with hundreds of third party connections?
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed services
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems primarily using C++ and Scala that are performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Work closely with product managers and designers
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
What We’re Looking For
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 3+ years experience developing large scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with C++ and/or Scala
- Strong software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Ad tech experience
- Experience with asynchronous I/O and coroutines
- Experience with event driven service architecture
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!