Software Engineer (Back End) - Video Advertising
Twitter’s products influence everything from pop culture to politics, delight our users and change lives. Twitter also has one of the largest APIs in the world that enables developers to build and create unique applications.
Who We Are:
“Video now accounts for more than half of our ad revenue, and was our fastest growing ad format in Q1, with strength across in-stream pre-roll and mid-roll ads, FirstView, Video Website Cards, and Video App Cards.” -- Twitter Q1 2018 Shareholder Letter
Twitter is the only place where conversation is tied to video and the biggest live moments, giving brands the unique ability to connect with leaned-in consumers who are shaping culture. The Video Ads team is responsible for all video monetization at Twitter, supporting $1B in annual revenue across our suite of products. We are a predominantly back-end product team, working to drive up value for users, publishers, and advertisers. Some example projects we’re working on:
- We are improving the relevance of promoted video content on the platform, leading to more engaging content for users, and better ad performance.
- We're developing new content bundling capabilities for in-stream ads, allowing Twitter’s content strategy teams to efficiently manage premium packages surrounding real-world events.
- We are optimizing the video ad serving call path, reducing time-to-first-frame and providing a more responsive consumer experience as well as better view rates for our advertisers.
Who You Are:
- You are a successful lead engineer. Not only strong technically, you have shown that you can raise those around you through mentoring, and can work effectively with product managers, designers and other engineering teams.
- You have a fierce sense of ownership, caring deeply about the quality of everything that you deliver into your customers' hands.
- You love the challenge of product engineering, and are confident in your ability to bring clarity and direction to ambiguous problem spaces.
- You work well in an environment with a sense of urgency, and you love to rapidly iterate on product/platform features
- Track record of leading successful product engineering teams
- Applicable domain experience, either in advertising, or video, or both.
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!