Software Engineer, Android - Discovery
Who We Are
The Discovery client team works on the code that powers numerous features in the Twitter Android app - search, trends, moments, highlights and the new unifed explore tab. This is a small, high-impact team that is one of the largest drivers of usage and time spent in the app.
We are a collaborative, cross-discipline product team building the diverse features of Twitter that enables experimentation with personalized and relevant content to drive usage of the app. As an Android engineer, you will work closely with multiple teams across the Discovery org to build the client components that serve nearly every feature of the app except the home timeline. You will work with product managers and feature teams across the company to identify and build out functionality in the app based on upcoming features. Through your work, Twitter enables our users to get personalized, topical, ranked information they need exactly when they need it.
A few things that set us apart:
- We have strong customer focus - you’ll be able to connect directly with customers who are using our products, and use their input to make meaningful improvements.
- We ship - we're huge fans of build/measure/learn with a weekly cadence.
- Team-centric development - we are strong believers of limiting our work-in-progress and bias towards working collaboratively.
- We love hanging out together - we have team coffee and lunch - and believe that it's important for us to have a team where everyone has a voice, and enjoys their day. (Wednesday nights are board games and fast food!)
- We value software quality and technical growth - your code will run on millions of devices every day, so it needs to be stable, performant, and trustworthy.
Intrigued? Great! We’re looking for engineers who are ready to push their limits, and have a material impact on Twitter’s growth and success.
What You’ll Do
- Use your in-depth knowledge of Android to craft compelling new features, which enables our team and other feature teams across the company to deliver curated content to users.
- Participate in our learning culture, embracing opportunities to learn from Twitter’s community of Android engineers, as well as teach others your strengths.
- Develop strong skills and best practices on the team through participation in design, and code reviews.
- Take an active role in team processes, and product decisions. From using data and customer insight to help prioritize, to end-to-end ownership of a feature, you’ll do more than just write code.
Who You Are
- You are customer-focused, and understand that shipping impactful software involves trade-offs, and collaboration.
- You want to apply your detailed knowledge of Android to work on a small team whose work impacts millions of users every day.
- You get stuff done, and thrive in a small group environment.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, and a curiosity to understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!