Site Reliability Engineer - Cache & Core Storage Infrastructure
• Work in engineering team to design, build, and maintain cache layers, key-value, relational and binary file storage systems.
• Diagnose, and troubleshoot complex distributed systems handling petabytes of data and develop solutions that have a significant impact at our massive scale.
• Participate in building advanced tooling for testing, monitoring, administration, and operations of multiple clusters across data centers, primarily in Python, C and Java.
• Work and collaborate across teams such Application services, Linux kernel, JVM and Capacity Planning, Hardware, Network, and Datacenter Operations to design next-gen storage platforms.
• Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network
• Take part in a 24x7 on-call rotation
• 5-7+ years of managing services in a distributed, internet-scale *nix environment.
• Familiarity with systems management tools (Puppet, Chef, Capistrano, etc)
• Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, Linux operating system internals, filesystems, disk/storage technologies and storage protocols.
• Hands-on operational experience on managing JVM services.
• Hands-on operational experience on managing cache services (memcache, redis)
• Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl).
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
• Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!