Site Reliability Engineer - Cache & Core Storage Infrastructure, Seattle
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) in Twitter’s Core Storage team you will be working to improve the reliability and performance of the next-generation distributed cache and storage systems at Twitter that hold data used by millions of people as they connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. You will work shoulder-to-shoulder with our engineering teams to design, build and operate the next generation of distributed cache and core storage at Twitter, focusing on debugging, automation, availability and performance, and above all efficiency at ‘reach every user on the planet’ scale.
• Work in engineering team to design, build, and maintain cache layers, key-value, relational and binary file storage systems.
• Diagnose, and troubleshoot complex distributed systems handling petabytes of data and develop solutions that have a significant impact at our massive scale.
• Participate in building advanced tooling for testing, monitoring, administration, and operations of multiple clusters across data centers, primarily in Python, C and Java.
• Work and collaborate across teams such Application services, Linux kernel, JVM and Capacity Planning, Hardware, Network, and Datacenter Operations to design next-gen storage platforms.
• Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network
• Take part in a 24x7 on-call rotation
• 5-7+ years of managing services in a distributed, internet-scale *nix environment.
• Familiarity with systems management tools (Puppet, Chef, Capistrano, etc)
• Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, Linux operating system internals, filesystems, disk/storage technologies and storage protocols.
• Hands-on operational experience on managing JVM services.
• Hands-on operational experience on managing cache services (memcache, redis)
• Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl).
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
• Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!