Senior User Research - Qualitative Methodologies - Contract London
User Experience researcher / qualitative, ethnographic side (mobile/media)
Who You Are:
You’re a researcher with a strong, working understanding of a wide range of qualitative research methodologies. You know when to engage with teams across Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing, what questions to ask, where to probe, and how to implement the most effective research strategies. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment and enjoy setting your own research goals, managing load and expectations, and delivering actionable research findings and recommendations. You’re passionate about Twitter and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of the user.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Design, Engineering, Product, and Marketing to build in research at multiple stages of the product development process
- Partner with product teams to identify where we should evaluate ideas, concepts, and existing experiences, and assist the team in making critical design decisions affecting the user experience
- Develop a research approach, schedule, and detailed plan for each project
- Deliver timely and tangible findings and prioritized recommendations to partners
- Balance company goals with user needs
- Help product teams more deeply understand our users
- 2+ years conducting user experience research and/or market research is preferred - with a good understanding of both qualitative method. Quantitative method a plus.
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools
- Methodologies may include experimental design, log analysis, surveys, ethnographic field research, in-depth interviews, lab and remote usability testing, heuristic evaluations, card sorting
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working directly with Design, Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams
- An educational and foundational background in Human-Computer Interaction (BS, MS, PHD).
- Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, or behavior sciences.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!