Senior Software Engineer (Full-stack and Backend) - Advertising Measurement
Who We Are
Twitter’s advertising business went from zero to two billion in revenue faster than any other company had. The Ads Measurement team’s job is to communicate the ROI of Twitter ads to our advertisers, for any of their objectives. It’s critically important to show that value in a way advertisers understand, trust, and dig into for more detail. We develop lambda architecture measurement products responsible for tracking $2B+ of revenue. This requires processing billions of events per day, spanning dozens of heterogenous data sources generated from Twitter and advertiser data. We process this data in real time, requiring low latencies and high reliability. We are a full-stack team with expertise in data analytics, distributed systems, and external interfaces. Our customers are advertisers, ad tech companies, and other Twitter ads teams. Our culture emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration and execution. Our team is in Seattle and San Francisco working closely together.
Some of our current projects:
- Developing Twitter’s lift studies: long-running cohort-based analyses that measure how Twitter ads create statistically significant lift in advertiser sales, customer sentiment, and user engagement.
- Building our next generation 3rd party measurement platform with all industry-leading verification partners, including Moat, DoubleClick, Nielsen, and more. These integrations are critical for confirming the ROI of Twitter Ads, thereby increasing advertiser confidence in Twitter.
Our Engineering Environment
Who You Are
We have a wide range of opportunities for experienced software engineers. We’re looking for a key individual contributor who can drive engineering for a product or products that show reliable and trustworthy ad performance metrics to our advertisers.
- A data-driven software engineer ready to design and implement innovative new features that impact hundreds of millions of users across many platforms.
- Full-stack engineer: experience and understanding of the full stack, with a desire to focus on the APIs, user interfaces, and the services backing them up
- Backend engineer: experienced in backend systems such as data processing (realtime and batch mode), storage platforms, and service-oriented architecture.
- Someone who wants to push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods - working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams
- Someone that works best in an environment with a sense of urgency and can rapidly iterate on features
- Strong performance with CS basics: algorithms, data structures, design, and coding
- Backend: Experience with data analytics and distributed systems
- Experience innovating in service-oriented architecture
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience at a large-scale internet service
- Data-informed product development experience such as analytics and A/B testing
- Prior experience working for a consumer Internet company or in ad technology
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!