Senior Paralegal, Intellectual Property
Who We Are:
The Twitter IP team helps the company strategically protect innovation and pave the way for the business to operate freely.
We are looking for a senior IP paralegal to work closely with the IP team, outside counsel and our business groups on patent and trademark workflows, law firm management, billing and docketing systems as well as other projects. You have business acumen, a strong work ethic and creativity to tackle complex legal and business challenges in a fast-paced environment. You will operate independently as well as work actively with various teams across the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Manage outside counsel relationships, including for matter creation and invoicing
- Interface with inventors and creators to help prepare invention disclosures, gather creation and use dates as well as gather evidence and other materials
- Review patent and trademark prosecution applications, filings and registrations for accuracy
- Manage patent and trademark prosecution dockets to ensure timely filings, including by tracking matters and deadlines
- Assist with Open Source evaluations
- Manage technology solutions, including relationships with vendors
- Create patent and trademark reports for various legal and business teams
Who You Are:
- You have 8+ years of relevant experience, including extensive patent prosecution experience
- You have strong management skills, excellent business judgment and are extremely detail-oriented
- You have excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously under pressure and time constraints
- You have exceptional communication and writing skills
- You are able to collaborate with global, multicultural, cross-functional teams of stakeholders
- You are patient, determined, flexible, and open-minded
- You are a team player
- 4+ years at a tech company with significant, multinational patent and trademark portfolios
- Significant experience in developing and managing IP-related processes
- Experience docketing patent prosecution matters
- Experience with docketing and invoicing systems such as WebTMS and Serengeti
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education / experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!