Senior Network Security Engineer
About this position
Twitter is currently seeking a Network Security Engineer who is highly proficient and has had hands-on experience with high-density datacenter networking topologies, configuration, security, troubleshooting, and traffic management. Twitter's Infrastructure Operations group manages a fast-paced and constantly growing network that seeks to implement cutting-edge technology to power the systems behind one of the world's largest websites and social media platforms. This position would focus on network security and the solutions that support this infrastructure
Implement, and maintain network security policy, standards, and procedures.
Deploy and maintain access-list and firewall policies for high throughput environments.
Define network security best practice policies for both corporate and production environments.
Design and implement Firewall, VPN, NAC, Radius/AAA and IDS/IPS solutions for data center environments.
Build and support a network log aggregation infrastructure and support incident response initiatives.
Design and develop tools for detection of malicious network activity.
Deploy and Maintain DoS mitigation controls and infrastructure
Actively participate in the configuration and management of a high density network security equipment.
Provide 24/7 on-call security operational support on a rotational basis.
Interact with internal and external technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with adherence to architectural goals and principles
Ability to articulate advanced technical topics
· M.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· Experience securing large-scale web applications.
· Strong understanding of TCP/IP stack and troubleshooting tools (tcpdump/protocol analysis), Routing/Switching, BGP, NetFlow
· Run periodic network vulnerability scans and security reviews.
· Participate in compliance audits from a network perspective.
· Support the incident responses with network data and solutions.
· Effectively follow change management guidelines for all the changes made to the production systems.
· Automation and scripting skills for configuration management and monitoring.
· Hands-on network engineering and operations on-call experience.
· Advanced knowledge of ISP networking including security and redundancy.
· Experience with JUNOS, Arbor Peakflow, AWS Security controls
· Experience with regulatory compliance audits such as ISO 27001/2, PCI DSS, SOX
· Experience developing and debugging in Python, Perl or C.
· Ability to write project plans, lead cross functional project teams and lead problem-solving activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!