Senior Front End Engineer (London)
Twitter UK is the hub of engineering in Europe, come join our team!
Who Are We:
The team is made up of talented people from all over the world, and from many different backgrounds. We work together in our beautiful Central London location to build products that reach every person on the planet. Often we’ll relax together too – perhaps sharing lunch or a coffee, talking about what we’re doing, listening to and learning from one another. You’ll be a part of a close-knit team, working in concert with a focused organisation comprised of other Engineers, Designers and Product Managers. We’ll both challenge and support you to do the best work of your career. You’ll have the opportunity to have a truly global impact.
What You'll Do:
- Ongoing development of TweetDeck, our most powerful tool for real-time tracking, organisation and engagement used by industry professionals worldwide
- You will join the team in London designing, building and shipping beautifully crafted features to the delight of our users
- You will be creating and maintaining the TweetDeck UI and building out new features that integrate with the Twitter scala-based backend architecture
- You'll be an exponent of development methodologies and apply them enthusiastically
- Look for ways to make TweetDeck better
- Working closely with the backend team and other engineering groups to deliver well integrated solutions
Who Are You:
- We want someone who writes well designed, thoroughly tested and scalable web front ends, that can easily consume the firehose of information that TweetDeck provide
- You have a strong knowledge of design patterns, test driven development and consumption of web services
- Experience developing modular user interfaces, and familiarity with modern CSS frameworks, tools and workflow
- Deep experience with cross browser quirks and compatibility issues
- An eagle-eye for detail and passion for perfection
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Understanding of CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimisation
- Full-stack experience
- GitHub profile or link to open source work
- Knowledge of Flight.js
- Scala experience
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.