Public Policy Manager, Turkey (Dublin)
Public Policy Manager, Turkey (Dublin)
Twitter is a world-wide communications platform that is changing how people interact and communicate at home and at work. The Twitter @Policy team focuses on public policy issues posed by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communications services around the world. These issues range from freedom of expression, online safety, intellectual property, copyright, privacy, and Internet freedom.
The @Policy team also works to showcase the role of Twitter in government and for civic participation. This is your opportunity to help drive this change, working with government officials, agencies and candidates to identify and champion best practices for using Twitter in civic discourse and for integrating Twitter into government services and civic processes. Finally, the @Policy team is also on the forefront in advancing and guiding our #TwitterForGood corporate philanthropy efforts.
- Monitor public policy issues of importance to Twitter and our users in Turkey, including in the national legislative and executive branches, Turkish government bodies and public institutions.
- Provide front-line support on issues requiring engagement, solving problems and escalating to internal colleagues as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for engagement with policymakers, regulators, and lawmakers.
- Meet with key government, political, and media representatives to help them understand Twitter and advance policy beneficial to Twitter and our users.
- Represent Twitter at high tech industry gatherings and coalition meetings, speak publicly on policy panels at events and conventions.
- Conduct research into tech policy issues, working with other Twitter team members to fashion policy solutions that meet the legitimate needs of policymakers while advancing the interests of our users.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial drive with respect to developing and implementing Twitter and Periscope integrations into the work of government and civic entities in ways that showcase the power of these platforms to meet the needs of governments and citizens.
- Contribute content to @gov, @policy, @nonprofits, and @twitterforgood handles and related blogs products.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance on our #TwitterForGood efforts.
Success in this role looks like this: While you may have started your Twitter experience learning additional technology policies of importance to Twitter and our users, you will have significantly enhanced your understanding and mastered many elements of such issues. You will have educated policymakers and regulators with respect to Twitter and built strong, respectful relationships. You will have helped to elevate Twitter’s public policy brand among key audiences to a high level. In doing so, you will have demonstrated personal initiative, comprehension, judgment, fortitude, and the ability to think tactically and strategically.
- University degree; advanced degree most welcome.
- Significant experience in government, politics, or public policy with deep familiarity across all three disciplines.
- Reasonable fluency in communications and/or social media technology, combined with a passion about the power of communications to change the world for the better.
- Understanding of laws and regulation important to Twitter and our users
- Strong entrepreneurial, organizational, and operational abilities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication and relationship skills.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English and Turkish - other language skills an advantage.
- Sense of humor and exquisite judgment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!