Public Policy Manager, Seoul (Korea)
Twitter is a world-wide communications platform that is changing how people interact and communicate at home and at work. Public policy issues posed by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communications services now arise in regulatory bodies and legislatures around the world. As Twitter’s first public policy staffer in Seoul, this will be your opportunity to be part of this conversation and actively assist in the development and advocacy of public policy solutions to pressing high technology issues.
Who We Are
We act as Twitter’s ambassadors to government policymakers, regulators, and civil society groups on public policy issues. In addition, we also showcase the use of Twitter for civic purposes through our @TwitterGov initiatives and act as the @TwitterForGood team, providing guidance, resources, and support for Twitter’s corporate philanthropy mission.
- Monitor public policy issues of importance to Twitter and our users in Korea, including in the national legislative and executive branches and related agencies in Seoul, including the Blue House.
- Provide front-line support on issues requiring engagement, solving problems and escalating to internal colleagues as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for engagement with policymakers, regulators, and lawmakers.
- Meet with key government, political, and media representatives to help them understand Twitter and advance policy beneficial to Twitter and our users.
- Represent Twitter at high tech industry gatherings and coalition meetings, speak publicly on policy panels at events and conventions.
- Conduct research into tech policy issues, working with other Twitter team members to fashion policy solutions that meet the legitimate needs of policymakers while advancing the interests of our users.
Success in this role looks like this: While you may have started your Twitter experience learning additional technology policies of importance to Twitter and our users, you will have significantly enhanced your understanding and mastered many elements of such issues. You will have educated policymakers and regulators with respect to Twitter and built strong, respectful relationships. You will have helped to elevate Twitter’s public policy brand among key audiences to a high level. In doing so, you will have demonstrated personal initiative, comprehension, judgment, fortitude, and the ability to think tactically and strategically.
- University degree; advanced degree preferred
- English & Korean language fluency, spoken and written
- Significant experience in government, politics, or public policy with deep familiarity across all three disciplines
- Understanding of laws and regulation important to Twitter and our users
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Reasonable fluency in social media and high technology
- A passion about the power of communications to change the world for the better
- Sense of humor
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!