Product Manager, Discovery
Twitter is looking for an experienced and talented product manager to help lead the vision, strategy and execution of new product initiatives within Discovery. Discovery is a big area of investment for Twitter and you will own some of our strategic product areas around content discovery experiences and personalization.
Who We Are:We are a core product pillar within Twitter. Our focus is to help users discover what’s happening right now, making it easier for users to find what they're looking for, and connecting people with what they care about. Products power user-facing features such as Explore, Search, Connect, Recommendations and other personalized content delivered via push notifications and email. Content spans all Twitter content - tweets, trending topics, moments, live videos, accounts and real-time search experience. Discovery team works on groundbreaking relevance algorithms from information retrieval, machine learning, and ranking to deliver personalized experiences for our users.To ensure we deliver magical experiences, we utilize user research, data analysis and usability driven A/B experiments to deliver user-focused solutions.
What You'll Do:We’re looking for a Sr. Product Manager with a strong technical background who excels at user-centric product design and has a knack for rallying teams of engineers and designers to build delightful products. You would be adept at both working on user problems in a growth company (metrics driven and strong operational abilities) and being the founder/CEO of a startup (launching new products and iterating on market fit). Key responsibilities:
- Develop and execute on product strategy, including new product ambition
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineering, design, product marketing, and research to build amazing products for our users
- Lead metrics analysis, data insights and experimentation to inform product decisions
- Understand user pain points, come up with solutions and bring them to life
- Communicate product vision and priorities to internal and external partners
- Gather requirements, develop product specifications, and execute against them
Who You Are:
- A track record of building great consumer products in mobile and other platforms
- Empathy for user problems, and an ability to distill insights into the right product answer
- Experience working with designers to craft usable, appealing, delightful products
- Strong analytical skills and proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions
- Experience and interest in machine learning and relevance algorithms preferred
- Strong communication skills and experience handling input from partners
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience working on a significant product roadmap from strategic inception to launch
- Knowledge and experience building diverse end-user-facing mobile experiences
- Hands-on experience with driving data analysis, modeling and experimentation
- Rigor in product requirements definition, product planning and execution
- Experience working in fast-paced and iterative product development cycles
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Computer Science, or Engineering (MS is a plus)
"San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!