Who We Are
Our User Services organization aims to provide meaningful and effective support and services to the Twitter community, and we represent the Twitter community’s voice within Twitter. Within User Services, our Platform Operations team focuses on tooling improvements, technical integrations, and protecting the Twitter brand and user experience by preventing spam and API abuse across Twitter. To continually strengthen our core services, Platform Operations is now hiring for a deadline-focused multitasker with experience driving large scale and high quality decisions and operations.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will drive daily operational work to eliminate spam, enforce API Terms of Service, and support our developer community. You will also utilize SQL queries and robust internal tools to provide exceptional full-time coverage of core workflows for Platform Operations.
You will also:
- Develop and execute core workflows.
- Use in-house tools to thwart high volumes of spam and API abuse.
- Prioritize daily tasks against ongoing projects, SLA targets/backlogs, and incidents.
- Review and make decisions on data sets, in order to accurately train and refine automation.
- Join global on-call rotation; accurately assess the severity of spam and API related incidents and respond quickly and effectively.
- Be the spam and API abuse subject matter expert within the User Services team, and be the first point of contact for related inquiries.
- Empower developer community by delivering consistent, reliable, and high-quality support.
- Participate in bug triage, troubleshooting, and tool testing. Report and resolve inefficiencies in tools, policy, workflows etc; propose and support new methods of eliminating spam in order to drive ongoing improvement.
- Turn problems into projects; turn projects into milestones.
- Engage with Twitter’s internal and external partners to ensure coverage and strong business partnerships. Excel in collaboration, both inside and outside the team. Open, thorough, timely communication is critical.
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional partners in product and engineering, prioritize business needs, deliver global training, lead product specific quality assurance, and deliver excellent results.
- Exposure to sensitive or graphic content including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic content.
- Please note that this role may require weekend hours.
Who You Are
If this role sounds like a great match, you probably have:
- Passion for being a Twitter user, catching spam, and ensuring platform health.
- Strong interest in online spam and platform abuse strategies; knowledge of anti-spam and anti-abuse best practices.
- Experience with content analysis, pattern recognition, and applied statistics.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and are an analytical thinker, great at navigating complex issues, experienced in analyzing large data-sets, a fantastic team-player, and you thrive in dynamic fast-paced environments.
- Amazing attention to even the smallest details, ability to seek (and retain!) knowledge, share and apply it in the future.
- Advanced technical operations skills; the ability to quickly adapt to new tools and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven success in teaching complex topics in an interactive and engaging environment.
- 6 months experience excelling in project work, business analytics, content evaluation, or quality assurance is preferred.
- Background working with excel, text editing software, regular-expression, SQL, CSS, HTML, Python, and Scalding are preferred.
- BA/BS in related area of focus, CS degree desired.
- 1+ years experience querying SQL databases.
- 1+ years experience in online spam or platform operations, security, technical support, quality operations, policy enforcement or related area.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!