Legal Counsel - Data Licensing
Boulder, CO or San Francisco, CA
We believe social data has unlimited value and near limitless application. Our goal is to help the world realize the full value of social data by providing the most reliable, sustainable, and complete data solutions. Come join the Twitter Legal team that supports these solutions!
Who We Are:
We are looking for a collaborative, enthusiastic attorney with experience supporting data licensing transactions. You will focus on supporting high-performing Data Sales teams on a wide variety of online offerings and commercial transactions, including data, content, API and software licenses (both inbound and outbound), as well as SaaS and cloud services agreements. You will work closely with Legal team colleagues, as well as with business leaders throughout the company, advising on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to data licensing. You will help us build scalable tools and processes to support fast-growing global businesses. You must bring exceptional judgment and creativity to your daily role, and have a track record of collaborating and thriving in a fast-paced, team environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Review, draft and manage data, content, API and software license agreements, and other complex commercial agreements
- Deliver timely, pragmatic, and business-focused legal counsel to your clients and other internal stakeholders, even in ambiguous situations
- Provide guidance on business and legal risks, company policies and mitigation strategies
- Build and improve standard form agreements and legal processes that scale globally
- Experience leading internal projects to improve global legal processes
- Entrepreneurial mindset; flexible, self-starting and hard-working
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple urgent projects concurrently
- Effective at managing project expectations, reporting to upper level management and managing escalations of legal and business issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- At least 5 +years of relevant legal experience, ideally with at least 2 years of in-house experience in a fast-paced and rapidly growing data, digital media or technology company, and 2 years of experience in a law firm, focusing on commercial transactions
- Significant experience in drafting and negotiating API and data licenses, strategic alliance, partnership, licensing, content, media, distribution, intellectual property and commerce-related agreements
- Substantial understanding of intellectual property, licensing, privacy, data security, financial and commercial law
- JD and bar admission in good standing (if in California, California Bar admission or qualified for and willing to maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!