I&D External Engagement Lead
Twitter is where inclusion lives -- it is a platform that gives people across the world a voice: it’s the ultimate equalizer. And just as inclusion lives on our platform, we want to ensure that we fully live up to that business priority in our workplace. The Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) External Engagement Lead will have a direct role in advancing this priority.
What You’ll Do
- You will help refine and advance our strategy for partnering with key external organizations to help advance our broader I&D priorities, and will lead those relationships and look for ways to connect our people to them.
- In addition you will look for high-impact opportunities to partner with our business functions to facilitate partnerships between Twitter and business partners around inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- You will work with the Head of I&D and our Communications and Branding teams on how we share our I&D “story” externally and handle external submissions
- As our team grows and our reach throughout the company expands, it will be critical to ensure that we stay on track in terms of key opportunities in this area and measure their success regularly.
- You will effectively lead the relevant budget and operational aspects relevant to our external engagement.
- You will help represent Twitter externally, helping to share our I&D dedication and ensure that our efforts -- and those of our colleagues around the world -- are hitched together as part of a unified narrative.
- You'll also need to partner with and connect the dots among the many partners involved in this company-wide effort whose work also extended outside the company to support our dedication to diversity (like Recruiting and People Analytics)
- You will work closely with the rest of the I&D team to support the function’s overall mission and areas of focus.
- You’ll act as a liaison with internal teams relevant to external engagement, including Communications, Marketing, Learning & Development, Recruiting, HR Ops, and People Analytics
Who You Are
- You’ll have direct experience leading a similar corporate function or working on the community/non-profit organization role passionate about the strategic elements of these types of corporate relationships
- You’re willing to engage in and learn from constructive debate and feedback
- You’re collaborative and a positive relationship builder. As part of a larger team you will need to partner with other functions that also commit to our efforts.
- You’re highly organized; with the ability to handle simultaneous projects with moving parts
- You’re a strong multi-tasker and work in a dynamic, demanding environment
- You effectively prioritize
- You’re able to work with evolving systems and structures, demonstrating the flexibility to adapt to changing environments and regulations
- You take initiative and work independently
- You’re creative and good with design -- you’ll help us create Keynote/Powerpoint slides and other resources about I&D for external audiences and partners
- Bachelors preferred
- 6-8 years of experience
- Ability to work in San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
- We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
- San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!