Director of Research, Japan (Tokyo)
Twitter is seeking an experienced researcher to lead our Japan Ad Sales
Working closely with our sales team, marketing team, and comms team, the
director of research will be focused on leading the team, providing proactive
research initiatives and become a spokesperson for Twitter at relevant events.
This is a senior and varied market research role that will reward innovation,
collaboration, analytical expertise and creativity.
The role will report into the Senior Director of Market Research.
■ Set the direction for the Japan Sales Research team in a high-growth and
fluid business. Provide actionable insight that can lead to the creation of advertising revenue.
■ Manage a high performing team in a way that helps them grow, and deliver to a consistently high standard.
■Oversee the design and delivery of research / data driven rationales which
help us convert and grow high-potential advertisers.
■Develop thought leadership research projects that prove the value and
uniqueness of the Twitter audience and our ad products.
■ Develop Twitter’s existing ad measurement products, as well as lobby for
future product innovation.
■ Collaborate with the Japan Global Business Marketing team to help bring
our research to life in interesting, creative and memorable ways.
■ Create and deliver presentations, to both internal stakeholders and external clients
■ Build strong relationships with key Japan stakeholders across sales and marketing
■ Seek to innovate the research offering from Twitter Japan by proactively
seeking new methodologies and develop into opportunities to increase revenue
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
● BA/BS, MA/MS/MBA degree preferred but not essential: Ideally 10+ yrs
experience in quantitative media / market research.
● Experience working within the Advertising landscape and the drive to
make a difference in an increasing competitive market.
● Point-of- view about social media landscape, other digital media, and
social media marketing and measurement.
● Strong teamwork and collaboration skills. Ability to build internal networks
to accomplish goals through collaboration with resources across teams.
● Strong communication skills and natural presenting.
● Fluency in Japanese (native level) and English (intermediate business level).
● Demonstrated ability to think strategically about a particular industry and/or product set.
● Ability to sift through large quantities of data to tell meaningful stories.
● A self-starter who takes initiative and has the confidence to pitch new
ideas and show fresh thinking.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team at Twitter. We Tweet about who we're hiring, what we're doing, and why you should work at Twitter! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!