Head of News Partnerships
Twitter is what’s happening -- and never before have we been as influential or important to news as we are today. As the Head of News on the Global Content Partnerships team at Twitter, you will be tasked with partnering with the largest, most strategic news organisations to help them grow their reach, increase their revenue and continue to innovate on the Twitter platform.
You will collaborate closely with your peers around the globe in setting and executing a vision for the news vertical. This means working across geographies to identify what matters to make Twitter the place for news publishers to think of, first, and negotiating Partner Content revenue deals, coming up with content commitments in exchange for promotional gives to customers, and everything in between. You will lead your team and inspire new ideas from anyone on it. This includes staying close to the marketplace by doing deals in your local market but also by bringing information from other markets and from the Global Director of News to your team.
You will need to balance global consistency of our news narrative and offerings with local market entrepreneurship as different markets are at varying stages of development. Success in this role means you are communicating across geos, scaling deals and learnings/setbacks, and also executing on individual larger partnerships in your market. Some key areas of focus will be identifying the right partners and negotiating the right partnerships and deals to ensure we are bringing the best content to Twitter and the largest audience to that content, earning both Twitter and our partners’ incremental revenue.
This will entail:
- Managing Twitter’s News Partner Content relationships with television networks, print and digital publications, and other media and technology companies in the news space.
- Creating new revenue for Twitter and its partners.
- Establishing seamless and effective cross-platform packages for advertisers in concert with Twitter partners.
- Developing scalable business and metrics models for all of the above.
- Deal development and negotiation, including coordinating with multiple cross-functional teams (e.g. product, engineering, sales, communications, brand strategy, marketing, and legal) across Twitter.
- Being the first point of contact for all brand-related programs with counterparts at Twitter and partners.
- Working with Sales Marketing and Communications to develop Twitter Content Partnerships
- Working with and training Twitter partners’ sales forces.
- Assisting Twitter Sales in pitches to and ongoing relationships with brands
- Serving as the day-to-day-conduit for certain partners, ensuring that throughout our contractual relationships with our customers, all of our commitments are met (content volume commitment, sales fulfilment, geo restrictions, etc.).
- Being Twitter’s public face to the news industry by being a thought leader, speaking at relevant conferences and leading our own #TwitterForNews events across the region.
- Building, developing, and motivating a high-performing team of partner managers across various offices in the EMEA region.
Industry Experience & Required Skills:
- Significant experience in the UK news industry at a regional or national/international level (7-10 years).
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Media, or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Keen awareness of the innovations and developing opportunities for the use of Twitter across the media landscape generally and the news industry specifically.
- Exceptional understanding of Twitter’s role in discovering, covering and breaking news.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, in person and in writing, especially with high-profile organisations and users.
- Experience conducting data-driven analyses to drive your decision-making.
- Passion for, and detail-oriented mastery of, supporting executives and media partners.
- Highly diplomatic instincts and stellar people management skills.
- 33% Team Leadership: You are managing and leading your team while empowering them to think of efficiency and scale.
- 33% Customer Relationships: This is an external, partner-facing role where you will leverage existing relationships whilst developing new ones.
- 33% Internal Partnership: You will need to bring information from other markets to your region and from your region to other markets, as well as collaborate closely with cross-functional teams (marketing, product, our Live team, communications, legal and others) on partner projects.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!