Head of Inclusion & Diversity
Twitter is a global platform for public self-expression and conversation in real time. By developing a fundamentally new way for people to consume, create, distribute and discover content, Twitter enables any voice to be amplified around the world instantly. Twitter’s reach and immediacy support fundamental inclusion through individual Tweets and collective movements like #BlackLivesMatter, #ILookLikeAnEngineer, and #LoveIsLove.
Who We Are
Twitter is where inclusion lives -- it is a platform that gives people across the world a voice and creates community: it’s the ultimate equalizer.
Just as inclusion lives on our platform, we want to ensure that our company, in its internal workings and external relationships, fully lives up to that value. The Global Head of Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) will be responsible for advancing this objective.
What You’ll Do
This is a core strategic role for Twitter. The Global Head of I&D is responsible for advancing our cross-company I&D strategy in alignment with Twitter’s business priorities. The strategy dimensions are: talent (our workforce), workplace culture, and external engagement. This leader will have a concrete impact on our people, our culture and how we show up outside of our workplaces, including on our service itself.
Strategy & Direction: Stay on top of industry trends, best practices and how inclusion-related matters play out on our service and the world around us. Convert this knowledge into concrete short- and long-term plans for improving I&D goals and crafting innovative solutions to I&D challenges. The Global Head of I&D will be a team-player and trusted advisor to Twitter Leadership/Executive Staff and the broader organization, a visible spokesperson for our commitment to inclusion.
Leadership: Take an active talent management approach to onboard, mentor and inspire not only the Inclusion & Diversity team but also all the employees who are committed to I&D. Recruit world-class internal and external team members, create a “high performance” culture, focused on delivering superior value and developing trust-based, long-term relationships.
Delivery: Build upon existing programs and publicly stated goals; execute and think creatively about new goals, opportunities and strategies; drive further action and data-based accountability; and determine how we communicate our commitment to inclusion both internally and externally. This would be done without losing sight of the people and cultural drivers behind any accountability metrics.
Communications: Function as public and internal champion and spokesperson for our I&D commitment, goals and results. Media experience (video, social, traditional interview formats), including public speaking, workplace communications, influencing and converting efforts, initiatives and results into effective presentations is a must.
In terms of how you’ll do it, when it’s all said and done, you will have demonstrated leadership, fortitude, creativity, influence, people instincts, and the ability to be both strategic and operational.Requirements
- 15-20+ years of demonstrated career progression and strong performance as a senior leader, ideally in an Inclusion & Diversity or Human Resources senior leadership role
- Experience with global/multicultural diversity, cross-cultural competencies
- Exposure to and understanding of the legal framework pertaining to equal employment opportunity, particularly in the U.S.
- Exposure to and understanding of other key business areas where I&D will influence and/or drive strategy or desired outcomes
- In-depth knowledge of diversity best practices, concepts and programs, particularly relating to the technology and sales industries
- Deep experience with the dynamics and challenges of complex organizational change
- End-to-end employee lifecycle and corporate culture influencing experience
- Ability to travel as required (projected about 20-30%), some of which will be international in scope
- Ability to formulate, align and execute strategic and operational goals in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred but not required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!