Hardware Quality Engineer
A hardware quality issue can prevent a tweet from reaching millions. Help us prevent this by joining Twitter's hardware engineering team.
Who are We:
Twitter is looking for a talented individual to ensure the quality of our hardware fleet. We have built a large server fleet, but like all complicated endeavors sometimes things go wrong. We're looking for someone to spot, and correct these issues before they become a major problem.
What You'll Do:
You will join our Hardware Engineering team, and will have a focus on hardware quality. We expect this role to own reporting and automation of problem discovery. This position will work closely with Hardware Engineers and Datacenter Engineering to ensure our quality expectations are met. You should solve problems quickly, and ensure the best outcome for the business.
Who You Are:
You should be able to analyze various data sources, and make actionable recommendations. We expect you can work with internal groups to drive our vendors to meet their contractual commitments, and identify any quality gaps when operating our fleet of servers.
- You will handle annual failure rates across various hardware components and platforms.
- You will craft automated reports detailing observed MTBF, vendor SLA compliance, and provide a forecast for spares stock.
- You will lead quarterly quality reporting with vendors.
- You will triage and operate incidents and critical issues with internal customers and vendors.
- You will be responsible for driving root cause analysis on quality incidents and customer concerns.
- We'd like for to have BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent 5+ years professional experience in software and system engineering.
- You have knowledge of server and storage hardware.
- You should have experience with generating reports in Excel, Python, or other tools.
- You have experience leading RMAs, and raising issues with vendors.
- The applicant should have a working knowledge of Linux.
- You possess an understanding of statistical methods related to quality analysis.
- You have strong verbal and written communication
- A detail oriented and balanced applicant who can handle rapid execution in a dynamic environment.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!