Full-Stack Web Engineer - LiveVideo (London)
Twitter.com is one largest and most popular websites in the world. Our code operates at massive scale and speed, serving billions of requests per day, connecting hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about their lives and the world we live in.
Come be a part of our team!
The Live Video team is working on delivering live streams of great events like Wimbledon, US Political Conventions and Thursday Night Football to millions of users around the world. Live Video is at the heart of our Creators organization.
You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working in this leading edge space. We’ll both challenge and support you to do the best work of your career. You’ll have the opportunity to have a truly global impact, working on a product that touches hundreds of millions of users.
Who We Are:
The team is made up of talented people from all over the world, and from many different backgrounds. We work together in our beautiful Central London location to build products that reach every person on the planet. Often we’ll relax together too – perhaps sharing lunch or a coffee, talking about what we’re doing, listening to and learning from one another. You’ll be a part of a close-knit team working in concert with a focused organisation comprised of other Engineers, Designers and Product Managers.
Who You Are:
- You are an extraordinary engineer with a passion for helping Twitter change the world
- You are curious, looking to go deeper into the backend stack and learn new platforms
- You are passionately motivated to ship products used by hundreds of millions of people around the world, every day
- You're someone who excels at user-centric product development and has a passion for making beautiful, smooth, delightful web experiences on desktop and mobile.
- Full Stack Development Experience - this is a fullstack role with a Bias on Front End
- Proficient in writing server-side application logic a JVM-based environment (we are a Scala environment so Scala is a nice to have, you will learn Scala here)
- Experience Implementing new features and optimizing existing ones from server-side controller logic to browser code
- Experience working closely across a variety of teams including product management, interaction designers, and backend engineers
- Technical depth that allows you to rapidly fix bugs
- A dedicated and enthusiastic approach to solving problems
- Advocacy of the principles of accessibility and the ability to build interfaces accessible to users with disabilities
- A detailed approach to writing tests and quality assurance
- Knowledge of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Prior experience in video-related technologies
- Prior experience working for a consumer Internet company
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!