Editorial Lead - Tokyo
We’re looking for a skilled editorial mind to lead the Japan Moments team, which is responsible for identifying the best Tweets, photos, and videos around the biggest real-world events and high-profile opportunities.
The ideal candidate has experience managing editorial teams in a digital newsroom and is familiar with using Twitter content to craft stories. Candidates should have editorial leadership experience in one or more mainstream content verticals such as News, Sports, Entertainment, etc.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Creating content experiences using the Moments’ feature that measurably resonate with Twitter’s users
- Identifying the best daily content to highlight on Twitter and in Moments
- Developing and executing editorial strategies for 1 or more markets
- Innovating new creative content opportunities on Twitter
- Building and managing a stellar editorial team
- Manage daily and weekly (and beyond) editorial strategy for 1 or more markets
- Manage relationships across Twitter to inspire the best content on the platform
- Track metrics of success and adjust strategy to improve
- Provide product feedback to development team
- Manage a small team of curators
- Work experience: 5-10+ years of experience working in journalism
- Experience managing editorial teams
- Experience leading editorial in one or more content areas (News, Sports, Entertainment, etc.)
- Experience leading editorial composed of social media content strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in using Twitter— preferably as a tool in reporting
- Experience with news-gathering tools like Tweetdeck, Dataminr for News, etc.
- Education: BA/BS degree required
- Strong written and oral communication skills; fluency in Japanese and English is a requirement.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!