Editorial Associate (6 -12 months Contract)
Twitter’s Global Media team delivers the best content that reaches, engages, and delights the largest daily audience in the world, working directly with media companies and high-profile users on the platform across many different areas including sports, politics, entertainment, music, and news.
This role sits within Media Content Strategy, a team responsible for shaping content and programming strategy for Global Media, coordinating with partner managers around the world to help bring the best content to Twitter’s users.
We’re looking for a skilled curator of Twitter content to identify the best Tweets, photos, and videos in real-time. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of one or more mainstream content verticals such as News, Sports, Entertainment, etc. and has experience collecting Tweets around a theme in those areas. She/he will use those skills to present unique content experiences in real-time to Twitter users. She/he will also be able to demonstrate a thorough grasp of regional media law.
This position is full-time, on contract for at least 6 months. Candidates will need to be available to work nights and weekends.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Identifying the best Twitter content around events or global conversations
- Selecting the most engaging events and conversations on Twitter
- Working efficiently and accurately under time pressure
- Curate live streams of Twitter content across various topics
- Weave stories from sequences of Tweets
- Identify events and emerging trends on Twitter that will drive unique content experiences
- Provide feedback on use of internal tools
- Degree in Media/Comms
- 2+ years of experience working in journalism/editorial
- Deep knowledge of one or more content areas (News, Sports, Entertainment, Music, etc)
- Experience curating Tweets in real-time or for publishing
- Extensive experience in using Twitter— preferably as a tool in reporting
- Experience with newsgathering tools like Tweetdeck, Dataminr for News, etc is preferred
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!