Director of Finance - Engineering and Product
Job Description: Reporting to the VP of Finance, this leadership role will be the main Finance Business Partner for Twitter’s Engineering and Product Leaders. The role will be responsible for providing financial planning and analytical support, identifying key business drivers and measurement to inform actionable results. This position will lead a team of managers and analysts and work cross-functionally throughout the finance organization and other organizations and business units.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Engineering and Product leadership regarding all financial matters
- Lead a team to perform annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes with business partners and to analyze actuals results against forecasts
- Help align budgeting and investment with the company’s strategic priorities
- Perform analyses to provide insights into risk and opportunities to influence investment decisions
- Analyze impact and return on investments through tracking and monitoring of spend
- Identify key operating metrics for each function, and implement dashboards and analyses to track these metrics and surface findings and cost efficiency opportunities
- Produce impactful management reporting and presentations for executives and other internal stakeholders.
- Support efforts for system implementations, report redesign and process improvements
- Apply business acumen and sound corporate finance principles in providing financial analyses for business partners to support decision making
- Build strong teams; develop and mentor team and retain outstanding talent
- Management skills with the ability to collaborate and influence for desired outcomes
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication and executive level presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical, creative problem solving, and modeling skills with ability to synthesize and analyze data to create useful information and concise analysis
- Proven ability to work well in cross functional teams and develop strong rapport with senior and executive management
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with quality deliverables
- 15 years of operations finance or FP&A experience including leadership and managerial roles for Engineering and Product functions
- Experience in consumer Internet or software is strongly preferred
- Experience in Hyperion Essbase or similar financial planning systems is strongly preferred
- Investment banking and/or management consulting experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other quantitative field
- MBA from a top tier school
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!