Country Director, Spain
Twitter is seeking an experienced digital executive to lead the Spain market. This is a rare opportunity to take a senior role with P&L responsibility, directly leading the country Sales team. The Country Director is is also to continue building a strong culture, being the spokesperson, internal and externally, of one of the most exciting communication products ever invented - during a period of development and expansion.
The Country Director will have the direct responsibility to drive the revenue of the country and will also be responsible for driving a cross-functional strategy for the country, deepening the relationship between international and headquarters.
The Country Director, Spain will:
- Lead the in-country management team and as such, is a “First Amongst Equals, not Genius with Many Helpers.” The CD will take the lead on internally-facing cross-functional issues that affect the whole office (e.g. attrition, functional unity, etc.).
- Chair Spain leadership team meetings. That’s our team of X functional leaders.
- Steward of office culture. Be a unifying force. Be visible and known to all employees in office regardless of function.
- Build consensus and facilitate a shared operating plan. While consensus is the #1 goal, the CD will also act as a tie-breaker when necessary.
- Focus on removing barriers for the in-country management team to execute faster & more effectively.
- Lead Twitter's efforts in the Spanish market. The CD serves as the primary "face of Twitter" in Spain, although will not be the only voice heard. The CD will take the lead on cross-functional issues that affect the Spanish market (e.g. employer brand) and will advocate for their market by using data vs emotion. The CD will define, organize, and consult stakeholders, including peers and manager, to understand existing data and perspectives before decisions are made.
- The Madrid office and Spain also play a key role in Twitter’s financial and data protection responsibilities. The CD will have a key role in being one of the “faces of Twitter” to the relevant authorities and policy makers in these two key areas.
- Communicate the decisions made by the management team and their progress clearly across organizations, functions and roles.
- Lead local Tea Time and champion company wide programs in country, such as Friday for Good
- Articulate and reinforce the Employee Value Proposition internally in the office.
- Ensure local compliance and maintain a site wide focus on Inclusion & Diversity
- Assist in the planning and provision of appropriate & Health & Safety compliant facilities for staff.
Country Director Deliverables:
- Plan: Creates annual plan to drive employee engagement, protect & enhance culture, strengthen employer and commercial brand in country and to address other site wide challenges of a strategic nature.
- Review: The CD will set quarterly cross functional projects & goals for the in-market teams with the local management team. Runs quarterly review of operating plan with Regional Leaders and Staff
- Cadence: Selects members for local management team Staff, and runs a weekly leadership meeting. Is responsible for distributing Notes to the local market team. CD will also hold 1:1s with in-market management team on a regular basis.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Strong collaboration, communication & Influencing skills: In the context of a management team that succeeds through collaboration and teamwork, this person will introduce fresh thinking in a compelling, fact-based way without driving a personal agenda. This person will build trust by focusing on measurable results, adding value to the local & wider organization and identifying new ways to remove blockers to enable faster execution. Will have a reputation for partnering at all levels and constituencies within an organization. In the absence of direct reporting lines, this person must possess effective influencing skills to secure cross functional buy in collaboration.
- Strong Leader and Builder of teams: This person should have strong track record of building and leading great teams. This executive will be able to demonstrate a track record in
- hiring and developing talent who have gone on to be leaders in other organisations, or have followed this person to new roles and wanted to work for her/him again. This former team will attribute their success to their time working with her/him.
- Leading complex cross functional projects to successful outcome both in term of meeting objectives and doing so in a way that is true to our Corporate Values.
- Business Acumen: The CD will serve as coach, collaborator, facilitator and senior advisor to all functional leaders in country. Like all executives at Twitter, she or he must demonstrate a track record of flexibility, innovation and engagement. She or he will operate like all other business leaders, in a thoughtful and metrics oriented fashion. Publically represents the company's interests and position to interest groups, journalists and policy makers etc.
- Broad Commercial Expertise: This position requires someone with experience, knowledge and understanding of the full range of functions at Twitter and specifically in the Madrid office & support of the broader EMEA region.
- 15+ years of professional experience, with 5-8+ years of sales/business management within a sales organization focused on large and strategic accounts;
- Proven experience on managing significant P&L;
- Proven experience on managing diverse seniority levels & backgrounds;
- Strong commercial skills (responsible for direct revenue preferred);
- Proximity to the business/industry;
- Leadership skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment;
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record;
- MBA or advanced degree a plus;
- Fluent English and Spanish.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!