CDN Operations Engineer
Who We Are:
Twitter CDN team operates private and public content delivery networks; we partner with 3rd party content providers and also support a private CDN infrastructure which uses Twitter backbone and edge networks. We enable Twitter developers and internal customers to deliver rich media content to our users quickly, efficiently and at low cost.
Who You Are:
You are a driven Engineer who is highly proficient and has had hands-on experience with global content delivery platforms, ingress/egress traffic engineering, and capacity management. You will help Twitter's content delivery group handle a rapidly scaling global delivery network that focuses on performance and capacity of internal and external delivery systems.
What You’ll Do:
As a CDN Operations Engineer:
- You will actively participate in the configuration and management of private and 3rd party providers
- You will provide support to internal groups on design and configuration of content delivery profiles
- You will support on-call teams for operational issues and performance degradation
- You will actively monitor capacity globally and plan for changes or additions based on load or global events
- You will participate in continuous design and deployment documentation of supported delivery profiles
- Extensive experience with operation and utilization of content delivery networks
- End to end understanding of content delivery network architecture, standards, and troubleshooting
- Deep understanding of various media types (images, video, streaming)
- Experience with DNS, anycast and edge traffic engineering practices
- Understanding of server hardware technologies relative to content delivery performance and capacity
- Understanding of common global Internet routing architecture, major exchange points, and eyeball networks
- Experience in rapid network and server deployments
- 5+ years of direct involvement with network configurations in a high demand/high capacity production environment
- Proficiency in content delivery network diagnostics
- Experience with global anycast networking
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!