Business Insights Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
The Analytics team within Operations group @Twitter partners with Revenue, Product, Marketing, Finance and Engineering teams to drive data-driven strategy and build intelligent, scalable solutions. As a Senior Analyst on the Analytics team you will be helping us solve technically challenging business problems such as product tracking, inventory sizing, optimizing business process, automating reporting, analyzing promoted content and understanding revenue trends etc.
Who you are:
You are excited to combine your technical chops and passion for numbers and data to solve incredibly complex problems that will in turn help our revenue org scale globally and sell more efficiently. Your hunger for working with data is only matched by your hunger for working at Twitter.
What does success in this role look like?
• Be highly proactive and think independently to drive initiatives across the organization.
• Deliver technical solutions to complex business problems with scale and accuracy.
• Partner with product teams and specialists to drive revenue success for revenue products
• Communicate effectively to senior leadership on team successes, challenges, and solutions.
• Co-lead significant short- and long-term efforts contributing to the overall growth, sales productivity and profitability of Twitter
• Work with our cross functional partners (Product, Sales, Media, Research, Revenue Engineering, Finance, HR) to ensure successful execution of major analytics projects, while continually identifying opportunities for ongoing product and revenue improvements.
• Become an expert on all things data (manipulate/analyze/visualize/distribute insights)
• Leverage your coding skills to create sales analytics models to derive insights from different datasets.
• Stay in sync with the Product team on upcoming launches and assist with critical decision-making.
• Present key insights and analysis to a diverse group of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Graduate/ Undergraduate degree in any CS/ Statistics/ Information Science/ Analytics program
• 2-5 years previous professional experience
• Structured problem solver with a bend towards fast execution & iteration
• Highly proficient in SQL and Relational Databases
• Proficient in basic statistical modeling (classification and clustering) using Python and R.
• Expert in Python and various analytics libraries (Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, iPython, NLTK)
• Knowledgeable in basic statistics (hypothesis testing, regression).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Data visualization skills preferred
• Experience with MapReduce (especially with Scala/Scalding) is a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!