Associate Partner Manager - News Partnerships (6 months)
Twitter is what’s happening — and we’ve never been more influential to news as we are today. Come and join our team working with the UK’s biggest newsrooms!
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking for an Associate Partnerships Manager to join the Global Content Partnerships team at Twitter, where they will be the first point of contact for some of the largest news organisations in the UK. This role is pivotal in Twitter’s crucial work to help hundreds of millions of people each month—over 300 million people logged in, and over 500 million people logged out— stay up to date, instantly, with What’s Happening in the world. The News Partnerships team is focused on helping our partner news organisations grow their reach, increase their revenue and find new ways to innovate on the Twitter platform.
What You’ll Do:
You will be in close contact with the editorial and commercial teams at some of the country’s biggest news publishers and TV networks. You will be assisting them with their monetisation strategies through the Twitter Amplify programme and their broader Twitter content strategies through our wide array of publishing tools (Periscope, Moments, Media Studio, Tweetdeck and more). You will work closely with colleagues in the London office and around the world to make sure our partners have all of the tools they need to help their Twitter audience stay up to date with the biggest news events.
This will entail:
• Managing Twitter’s News Partner Content relationships with television networks, print and digital publications, and other media and technology companies in the news space.
• Creating new revenue for Twitter and its partners.
• Working with news partners to build packages of video content for advertiser sponsorship on Twitter, as well as managing the smooth running of those campaigns.
• Coordinating with multiple teams (e.g. sales and legal) across Twitter to develop partnerships and help match our partners’ content with sponsors.
• Working with Sales, Marketing and Communications to develop Twitter Content Partnerships
• Working with and training Twitter partners’ sales forces.
• Assisting Twitter Sales in pitches to and ongoing relationships with brands
• Serving as the point of contact for certain partners, ensuring that throughout our contractual relationships with our advertising customers, all of our commitments are met (content volume commitment, sales fulfillment, geo restrictions, etc.).
Assisting with support issues for our key news partners
Who You Are:
You will need to have a strong background in or passion for the UK digital news and media/advertising landscape. You will also need to be a great communicator who is well organised, adept at prioritising multiple tasks and have a clear understanding of what makes great social content.
If this sounds like you, you’ll probably already have:
• Keen awareness of the innovations and developing opportunities for the use of Twitter across the media landscape generally and the news industry specifically.
• Exceptional understanding of Twitter’s role in discovering, covering and breaking news.
• Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, in person and in writing, especially with high-profile organisations and users.
• Experience conducting data-driven analyses to drive your decision-making.
• A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Media, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
At least a year’s experience working in a newsroom, partnerships, sales or business development role.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Twitter Recruiting: All the deets about who we're hiring, what we're doing and why you should come and work here! #lovewhereyouwork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!