Senior Product Designer (Future Opportunities)
Twitter promotes and protects the public conversation. Twitter is the town square of the internet. At Twitter, we work with one goal in mind: to improve Twitter for our customers, partners, and the people who use it across the world. Brand safety is only possible when human safety is the top priority – This mindset is what drives us forward.
- Audit and research new user experiences;
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions, build prototypes, Design, prototype, and develop new elegant solutions for our mobile and web apps;
- Document detailed interaction models and UI/UX specifications;
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the features on the Twitter app and website;
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and functions to explore and build new experiences;
- Evangelize best design practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers.
- 5+ years of product design experience building products in a complex, cross-functional organization
- An online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong user experience, visual and interaction design skills that include mobile apps and responsive websites
- Experience in product design, user interface, user experience, interaction, visual design, and prototyping across web and mobile web platforms
- Skilled with design tools like Figma, along with prototyping tools such as Principle and Framer
- Demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems and identify and mitigate risks
- Extensive experience shipping products at larger tech organizations
- Expert at designing and building products for mobile and desktop experiences
- Strong understanding of accessibility best practices for design and software development
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills with a strong ability to influence cross-functionally at all levels
- Works at a high standard of creativity, craft and quality
- Passion for identifying and solving user problems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience prototyping user interfaces for Android, prototyping for iOS using Swift or Objective-C, SwiftUI or UIKit, and building with web technologies (React/JS) are all a plus
- Experience mentoring others is preferred
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected by, state, or local laws.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter provides reasonable accommodations during the recruitment and hiring process upon request. Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially. To request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The applicable salary range for each U.S.-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 4 tiers according to a cost of labor index in that geographic area. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below. These ranges may be modified in the future.
- Tier A: USD $162,000 - USD $226,000
- Tier B: USD $154,000 - USD $216,000
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. If your location is not listed, please speak with your recruiter for additional information.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter’s benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.
San Francisco, New York City