Senior Software Engineer (Future Opportunities)
Please note: This job posting is not for immediate hire but rather an opportunity to submit an application for future consideration.
Twitter promotes and protects the public conversation. Twitter is the town square of the internet. At Twitter, we work with one goal in mind: to improve Twitter for our customers, partners, and the people who use it across the world. Brand safety is only possible when human safety is the top priority – This mindset is what drives us forward.
- Lead or contribute to initiatives that improve processes, products, and services;
- Plan and deliver large projects;
- Consider implications and determine appropriate actions with minimal guidance;
- Partner with internal platform providers to create new and improved platform capabilities;
- Set priorities and work toward goals aligned with your team, making adjustments as necessary;
- Be an active participant in systems design and review processes;
- Scope out, participate in, and lead cross-functional projects;
- Develop an engineering team through mentorship and knowledge sharing.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software engineering;
- Strong development skills in at least one programming language – Go preferred;
- Experience designing, developing, operating, and debugging high traffic production systems;
- Quality and reliability are key pillars in your software engineering philosophy – Ensure infrastructure performance, uptime and scale while maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design;
- Motivated by building systems that help others be more productive;
- Curious and driven to understand the needs of your customers;
- An engaged and thoughtful collaborator, ready to solve challenging problems with your peers and our customers;
- Recognize mentorship and knowledge transfer as essential prerequisites for a healthy team and are confident in asking difficult questions while being highly collaborative and open to input.
- Experience building applications against the Kubernetes API. Familiarity with Kubernetes internals (architecture and/or codebase);
- Familiarity with Linux or similar operating systems.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected by, state, or local laws.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter provides reasonable accommodations during the recruitment and hiring process upon request. Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially. To request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in San Francisco and San Jose is USD $162,000 - USD $226,000. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter’s benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.
San Francisco, San Jose