Who We Are:
The Accessibility Center for Excellence (COE) has been established to set goals, drive progress, consult and partner with groups across our core business functions to help make ALL aspects of Twitter more accessible.
This includes everything from accessibility in our office spaces, marketing and communications strategies, legal and policy standards, internal systems, training and more. The COE is led by the Head of Global Accessibility.
Our mission is to create a culture that provides end to end inclusive experiences for our customers, brands, employees and candidates with disabilities. We are accomplishing this goal by going above and beyond the compliance requirements and integrating voices with lived experience in the experience development process. We are definitely towards the beginning of this journey and know that we have a long way to go, but we will keep going #UntilWeAllBelong.
What You'll Do:
As part of this team you’ll be using your knowledge of Accessibility and disabilities to help integrate accessibility into Twitter’s internal products/processes. As an Accessibility tester, you will partner with the People, Marketing, Legal, IT, Procurement and other internal teams to ensure new/existing Twitter experiences are accessible. Your work will have a positive impact on the lives of our tweeps and customers with disabilities.
- This role will create, and manage, a Digital Accessibility audit program which ensures that our internal tools, documents, surveys, processes, and policies are accessible to employees with disabilities.
- Conduct accessibility audits with internal teams who own tools and processes used by large sets of employees.
- Educate cross functional partners on accessibility best practices, walk them through the gaps and collaborate with them to resolve issues to closure.
- Create a tracking system to log, report, and escalate accessibility audit findings
- Effectively communicate program execution status, key accomplishments, and findings
- Learn from peers and share best practices, communicating digital accessibility wins
- Evaluate vendor products for WCAG “AA” compliance.
- Test PDFs for Accessibility and remediate if necessary
- Convert variety of source documents (Google docs, slides, keynotes) into accessible PDFs