Our mission is to increase the velocity of Twitter engineers by creating customised solutions adapted to how they work best in developing code faster and with less effort. We are leveraging solutions such as IntellIiJ IDEA and VSCode, and are continuing to look into diversifying our offer via Language Server Protocols, Build Server Protocols and remote workflows.
If you are strongly interested in improving developer productivity, the edit/build/test workflow and proficient with algorithms and data structures as well as one or more of Java, Scala, and Python, check us out.
This role will continuously improve the efficiency of Twitter’s infrastructure at scale and developers’ productivity via innovation on tooling and methodologies. If you have empathy for developers, passion for engineering productivity, and experience delivering scalable systems - you will find this role liberating, challenging and most of all fun. We are Twitter’s Engineering Effectiveness organisation, and we help Twitter engineers develop world class software by implementing IDEs for complex, polyglot source code, and developing source control systems and continuous integration infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
- Understand developer workflows and help improve their experience through optimised code analysis, and integrations on the compiler, debugger, build system, test frameworks etc. in the IDE
- Design, develop and deliver engineering tools and platforms for one of the largest code bases in the world, using multiple languages.
- Participate in Twitter-wide engineering forums
- Work collaboratively in an Agile, CI/CD environment
- Work with the Open Source community to coordinate contributions to the product and help define the roadmap
- Evangelize adoption of open source tools in the developer community at large