About Counsel. The Counsel organization at Twitter, comprising our Compliance, Legal, Public Policy, Trust & Safety, and Strategy & Operations teams, works to empower and defend our company and our customers through innovative and collaborative solutions. Whether it’s developing policies for Twitter, supporting product launches, protecting our customers, empowering our teams, or working with government officials and civil society on issues surrounding freedom of expression, we’re passionate about serving the public conversation and growing the business in a way that makes us proud.
About Counsel S&O. The Counsel Strategy & Operations team is a high-impact team whose mission is to drive strategic alignment and operational improvements across Twitter’s Counsel organization. We work and partner with leaders across Twitter’s functions to promote effective decision-making, efficient resource allocation, and the impactful execution of Counsel’s strategy.
About Counsel Operations. Counsel Operations is a set of competencies (a combination of getting things done, processes, and people) that maximize a corporate counsel team’s ability to protect and grow the company. Counsel Operations endeavors to build and support a counsel organization where every Tweep is valued, motivated to stay at Twitter, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Who You Are
Your responsibilities will include leading the onboarding process for new vendors, supporting law firm matter management, and negotiating engagement letters. In addition, you will be assisting with the team’s electronic billing solution and other invoicing and vendor management workflows. You’ll be working closely with Twitter’s finance teams and providing support across the Counsel organization, Counsel S&O and other cross-functional partners. This role will report to the Counsel Operations Sr. Program Manager.
What You'll Do
- Act as the primary contact for Counsel invoicing and vendor management
- Support Twitter’s Counsel Supplier Inclusion & Diversity Program
- Perform all billing related responsibilities including review and approval of invoices, timekeeper rate review, resolution of complex billing issues, electronic invoice processing, reporting and responding to various inquiries
- Troubleshoot and resolve invoicing inquiries across the Counsel organization
- Audit invoices for accuracy and compliance with Twitter billing guidelines and agreed-upon fee arrangements
- Manage vendor onboarding in both the AP and electronic billing systems
- Support the monthly accruals process and help prepare spend reports
- Formulate and recommend e-billing process improvements and efficiencies to align with industry best practices
- Provide electronic billing training and support to internal team members and external vendors
- Recommend best practices relating to Twitter’s billing guidelines, as needed
- Maintain internal guides, trainings and processes
- Coordinate with internal finance and accounting teams to address payment issues
- Maintain, update and provide support to the Counsel organization on the invoicing system; and research and propose solutions to system issues
- Work with accounting for SOX and audit requests
- Assist with Engagement Letter negotiation and execution
- Conduct electronic billing audits, clear pending invoices, and schedule invoice approval reminders for attorneys and across the Counsel organization
- Execute/maintain documents, including but not limited to engagement letters, vendor forms, and payment details
- Run reports from our electronic billing solution, and relevant databases for the Counsel team
- Build strong relationships within the Counsel team, and other cross-functional stakeholders including Finance, IT, and People
- Ad-hoc projects and general administrative support as required