Who we are: Discovery is committed to building geographically distributed teams and we welcome applicants across the US/Canada to apply.
The Notifications Product Platform team is responsible for building a platform that helps Twitter build Notifications Experiences across Push Notifications, the Notifications Tab, Email, and SMS. The core responsibility of this team is to provide a seamless experience for all product engineering teams at Twitter to be able to test, experiment, and productionize Notifications Experiences for their products. We help the company drive a significant portion of top-level user growth and are working to accelerate this in the long term. We are looking for an engineering manager who is excited to lead the team that builds out our platform that powers these services. You will lead Engineers and will be looked upon to set team roadmaps, present to executives, drive the career development of your teammates, and influence all facets of the company’s Notifications strategy.
The team is currently present in both San Francisco, Boulder, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Toronto.
What You’ll Do: As a member of the Notifications Product Platform team, you will:
- Lead the Notifications Product Platform team within Twitter’s Notifications Org
- Lead a team that is responsible for the entry point to build and deliver Notifications Experiences for all of Twitter
- Work with internal customers to ensure they are able to build Notifications products based on their needs.
- Develop and deliver high-impact, forward-looking roadmaps for your teams for a time horizon of years in the balance against company priorities and a customer's ask.
- Directly change the direction of how Twitter thinks about how Notifications products are built: the capabilities and features that we open up to the company.
- Communicate fearlessly and build trust with diverse customers
- Contribute to a culture of technical and operational excellence
- Help solve multi-functional problems at scale
- Provide technical leadership to the team