Who We Are:
As part of the Network Security team we are responsible for the security of our network infrastructure while partnering with our Network Engineering team responsible for architecting, deploying, and maintaining Twitter’s global network footprint. Twitter’s network spans multiple datacenter locations, with a backbone and edge network spanning multiple countries, and thousands of peers. As an engineering manager on our team, you will face some of the most difficult challenges solving for security in large-scale networks. The scale at which our network operates requires delivering a highly available, highly secure infrastructure by driving leading edge architectural strategies, maintaining a sophisticated set of network security controls, policies and technologies, as well as delivering operational and deployment automation technologies. You will support some of the world’s most highly-scaled distributed systems. Our core infrastructure serves billions of requests per second, while meeting stringent availability requirements. You and your team will be responsible for securing the underlying infrastructure relied on every single day by hundreds of millions of people.
What You’ll Do:
You will work with internal customers across information security, information technology, and engineering at Twitter. You will partner with other infrastructure teams within Twitter to deliver strong security capability and foundations for our next generation backbone and cloud network solutions. As a manager of a key component of Twitter's infrastructure and security strategy, you will play a meaningful role in setting the standard for reliability, security and availability across the company. You will help drive our networking security strategy, and shape the future of network architecture and operations at scale. You will lead and mentor a team of outstanding network security engineers, and align the team's priorities and career growth with business opportunities and strategic goals.
- Define and deliver the next generation of security capabilities and security architectures at the network layer
- Support securing a high-performance, fault-tolerant, and scalable network at the heart of delivering Twitter’s services to the world
- Encourage operational excellence within the team and partner with internal customer teams to diagnose and solve complex problems and develop solutions that have a significant impact at Twitter’s massive scale
- Set the direction for and improve the reliability and security of the network automation and operations practices for internal teams
- Participate in manager level on-call rotations and assist team members and incident response duties
- Engage with suppliers and vendors to deliver effective solutions
- Partner closely with other engineering teams, Information Security teams, IT, infrastructure teams, and project managers
- Provide strategic leadership or support in areas critical to getting security right, such as a zero-trust orientation, infrastructure security and network security operations