The Twitter Accessibility team is seeking an experienced Program Manager with deep knowledge of accessibility for digital products to play an integral role in building the Twitter Accessibility practice from the ground up. In this role, you will partner with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, researchers, and designers to deliver positive impact for the people we serve. As the first Program Manager for the newly formed Accessibility team, this position will be hands-on and you will have the opportunity to transform how we build products at Twitter by driving programs directly. You will align incentives, create structure and processes, transform culture, and provide training in the spirit of making Twitter work for everyone, anywhere, and with any assistive technology.
What You'll Do:
The successful candidate will proactively identify and lead programs to help establish Accessibility as not only a requirement for building products at Twitter, but also a mindset.
- Build an accessibility program to work with product, design, research, engineering, Twitter service, & legal leaders to identify, prioritize & deliver high impact initiatives & across all of our products.
- Identify, engage, & plan for internal collaboration with external specialists or resources that can scale with product development.
- Create clear, trackable annual goals that you will regularly report to leadership & use to motivate change throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with other Accessibility partners (legal, research, policy, communications, etc) on goal setting, reporting, & execution.
- Develop an educational program & deploy guidelines/resources for engineering, product, research and design to encourage independent contribution to program goals.
- Build empathy across the company for accessibility.
- Work directly with engineering, product, research and design leaders to problem-solve & address core accessibility issues.
- Partner with our engineering, product, research and design teams to develop systems that are not only compliant but impactful for the people we serve.
- Shape & grow the accessibility team —communicating & advocating for the team throughout the org.
Who You Are:
The successful candidate will be a creative problem solver with a passion for Accessibility. They will have a history of leading complex programs to successful completion. With excellent relationship, communication and operational skills, this person will be seen as the central operating system for the team, and a strong partner to cross-functional partners with a commitment to products that deliver a fantastic user experience. This person will also have strong business insight who creates wins for Accessibility, and most importantly, Twitter and the people we serve. They will be known for making smart business decisions and having a deep understanding of the product development process.
- 8-12 years of shown program management experience, preferably with at least 3-4 years experience working in or with tech companies
- Strong communication and facilitation skills – ability to communicate clearly and effectively to achieve desired outcomes – demonstrating keen understanding of the audience, and to facilitate partners towards positive outcomes
- Successful track record of leading complex programs, driving efficiencies without sacrificing quality or creativity, and implementing sustainable and scalable solutions
- Shown ability to architect high quality programs, mobilize and lead teams with flexibility and ease, sustain momentum to deliver quality results.
- Expertise in accessibility standard methodologies, guidelines, & regulations—such as WCAG 2.0 & 2.1 & the CVAA; ability to consult with the executive team on risk assessment.
- Experience working with engineering, product, design, research & legal teams to deliver accessibility audits, code reviews & other advisory services.
- Experience working on consumer product accessibility both on video & communications products & across a variety of devices, such as desktop, smartphone, gaming console, & OTT services.
- A strong awareness of assistive technologies available to people with disabilities.