Who We Are
We provide Security and Privacy & Data Protection at Twitter. We support a portfolio of tools for teams across the company to ensure the services they build comply with Security requirements & PDP regulations. This includes both indirectly supporting external features and directly supporting internal customer needs.
Our customers are PM’s and engineers at Twitter, whether they are building or supporting clients, backend services, libraries, data pipelines, machine learning models, and so on.
The Platform Product organization is a critical team that we’ve assembled recently to provide direction and a product lens on all the work the platform organization does at Twitter, from data to analytics, storage to graph technologies, to networking and data centers. With every product we ship to our internal customers, we provide an enabling environment for the consumer and revenue team to build exciting experiences for our customers.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Developing a vision for the privacy platform that supports the mission of Twitter of serving the public conversation
- Advising on new feature development, product roadmaps, research, and other key critical initiatives
- Providing a particular focus on delivering new capabilities to our product managers and engineers
- Proactively identifying potential gaps/risk areas and opportunities for driving cross-functional collaboration in these areas, such as developing product offerings that help us comply with an increasingly active regulatory landscape
- Creating aspirational goals and partnering closely with consumer and revenue product and engineering to identify and execute on a roadmap that unlock capabilities for our partner organizations
By working together, we create the most capable and cost-efficient platform in an innovative, experiment-rich, and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
Your role is to understand our customers, all 1500+ engineers and data scientists at Twitter, capture insights, see opportunities, and help prioritize work for developing and managing the portfolio of products and policies that further our Privacy by Design philosophy. You will help ensure all our solutions are executed in a compliant way while staying abreast of all applicable data protection and privacy laws, including EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), burgeoning US regulatory policies such as CCPA, or industry-led policies. You will partner cross-functionally to put an appropriate compliance framework in place to ensure we’re developing and deploying products, infrastructure and policies that adhere to our leading privacy-first practices. This role will also lead the definition, launch, roll-out, and ongoing improvement of these solutions with responsibility for guiding feature development. You will:
Convey your vision through bold product roadmaps, working closely with product leaders and software engineers, and participate in all levels of team planning.
Create and maintain concrete, quantitative, and descriptive profiles of customers and their needs. These include mobile developers, web developers, core service backend developers, machine learning data scientists, product managers, and XFN stakeholders.
Develop a product portfolio with a clear roadmap and hold team accountable to delivering against that roadmap.
Review existing processes, identify gaps in the solution set, recommend improvements, and see the changes through.
Work with Security, Data Management, Data Science, Legal, Product, IT, Compliance, and Engineering teams to design and validate solutions to the most important customer problems, as they evolve over time.