Communications Manager (Consumer/B2B) *Contract
6 Month Contract Role
Who we’re looking for:
We are currently seeking a media relations specialist to support our consumer and advertising communications efforts in North America. We are looking for someone who has a successful record of handling strong press relationships and a validated knowledge of technology, social media trends, and pop culture across b-to-c and b-to-b communications strategies. We need someone who works well in a fast-paced working environment and has a passion for celebrity/influencer use of Twitter, brand voice on Twitter, sports, gaming, and entertainment content, and more importantly, an overall love of Twitter as a service.
You are operationally detailed, self-disciplined, and organized. This role requires the ability to balance multiple day-to-day assignments, navigate media inquiries, and provide briefings and media coverage reports to both Twitter’s communications and various partner teams.
This role will report into a Sr Manager, Communications in New York City and provide support to both the Consumer Communications and Customers Communications Teams, as well as other comms units during critical and crisis related moments.
What success looks like:
- Cultivate excellent professional relationships with media, industry influencers across North America
- Excellent digital and traditional media strategist, understanding how Twitter’s online presence can improve its reputation
- Diligence in written and verbal communication, producing a consistently high standard of materials for press and other partners
- Develop positive relationships with the communications and partner teams across the region
- Provide streamlined information and analysis on sophisticated issues for multiple audiences
- Keen interest in the integration of Twitter’s core product offering into business, media, and celebrity discussion
- Utilize data to advise and craft your approach
- Maintain a strong level of administrative and operational diligence, producing reports, analysis, press outreach materials, and media lists
- Cultivate ongoing media relationships with press
- Develop and execute reactive and proactive communications plans using all channels: interviews, blog posts, statements, Tweets, video, etc.
- Support your comms colleagues, advising them on media issues that may arise
- Serve as one of Twitter North America’s main points of contact for day-to-day queries from press
What you need:
- A bachelor's degree and/or masters qualification
- Professional proficiency in English.
- 5-7 years communications experience including media relations in technology, media, entertainment, and/or sports
- Excellent writing, editing, and messaging skills
- Good humor, modesty, and high levels of compassion
- A global approach and an ability to work with different cultures, perspectives, and attitudes
- A thoughtful, considered, and detailed approach to your work and colleagues
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, pressurised environment, and to meet deadlines consistently
- Flexible, amiable, a good colleague, and a strong, committed collaborator.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will interview with 5-10 people via a video conference call.