Senior Full-stack Software Engineer
US - Remote US
New York City
Who are we?
We are a new team, codenamed Gryphon. We are building a subscription platform, one that can be reused by other teams in the future. This is a first for Twitter! Gryphon is a team of web engineers who are closely collaborating with the Payments team and the Twitter.com team. We are looking for a full-stack engineer to lead the Payment and Subscription client work, someone who values collaboration as much as we do and can act as a bridge for the engineering team. It's a great opportunity for all teams involved!
The team is made up of hardworking people from all over the world. We work from London, San Francisco, Boston and New York, and we collaborate across these time zones in an efficient way. Our members come from all sorts of different backgrounds and countries. These are folks who have studied Anthropology, Economics and Design. Other teammates are from France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, USA and the UK. Diversity is at the core of our team culture!
What’s our tech stack?
On the frontend, we work on a new and clean code base that implements the industry’s best practices. We are building a React/Redux app served by Node.js with the standard tooling (Webpack, Babel, ES6, Linting, Flow Typing, Prettier, etc).
On the backend, our team has experience with multiple technologies. We are building services with Scala, using Thrift to power GraphQL. We have got a strong culture of collaboration in the development of software.
Many of the tools we use daily are open source and maintained by Twitter.
Who are you?
First off, you don’t need a Computer Science degree to apply. We welcome people from all backgrounds. In fact, many people on the team don't have a CS degree—or any degree for that matter.
What you’ll need to have:
- You need to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, including the ability to collaborate closely with engineers in remote offices
- You take a collaborative approach to work and can incorporate feedback from product, design and your engineering peers
- You care about helping users succeed in their goals through the features you build
- You have experience working on frontend and backend integrations. You have successfully rolled out features from end to end
- You have full-stack experienceSome full-stack experience is great, you don't need to know Scala but are willing to learn. Prior experience in a JVM-based or other functional programming languages iswould be suitable
- You have an eagle-eye for detail and passion for perfection
- You have a solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- You have a disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- You have a good understanding of programming concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling / optimisation
- You have experience contributing to and working with a component library and design system
- You have a strong knowledge of design patterns, test-driven development and consumption of web services
- Links to open source or any public code
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience dealing with accessibility issues
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people via a video conference call.