Sales Manager, Government & Causes
Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) is the best and fastest place to see what’s happening and what people are talking about all around the world. From breaking news and entertainment to sports and politics, from big events to everyday interests. If it’s happening anywhere, it’s happening first on Twitter. Twitter is where the full story unfolds with all the live commentary and where live events come to life unlike anywhere else. Twitter is available in more than 40 languages around the world. The service can be accessed at Twitter.com and on a variety of mobile devices. For more information, visit about.twitter.com
Company Fast Facts
- Founded in 2006
- Headquarters in San Francisco, CA
- Revenue in 2018: $3B
- 70% of users are international
- 4,300 employees globally
Are you passionate about growing a team and a business? Do you want to make a huge impact at a global consumer internet company? If so, think about Twitter! We are seeking a sophisticated and experienced Sales leader to lead and motivate a high performing team while driving partnerships and revenue growth with Government, Cause, Non-Profit, CSR, Aerospace, and Oil and Gas companies in the U.S. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader to make an immediate impact at Twitter by scaling the vertical's revenue growth and building a strategy for the team.
- Coach & lead a sales team towards a defined quota.
- Lead a high-performing sales team by recruiting excellent talent, retaining and rewarding existing talent, utilizing resources efficiently, and demonstrating great leadership.
- Directly manage a team of Individual Contributors focused on renewing and growing existing and new customer revenues.
- Leading, coaching and motivating a team through external & internal headwinds.
- Identify strategic opportunities across emerging sub verticals within Government, Cause, Non-Profit, CSR, Aerospace, and Energy companies in the U.S
- Provide sales mentorship and elevate the team’s abilities to grow and close revenue
- Grow the team and constantly be building a talent pipeline
- Collaborate with leaders across Twitter (Legal, Public Policy, Product, Ads Policy and more) and lead the dialogue regarding market opportunities, sales positioning, use of resources and strategic planning.
- Provide direction to drive creative and long term improvements to our overall platform offering
- Accurately forecast revenue & coach exceptional pipeline management
- Work to develop and circulate the set of best practices and strategies that will serve as the foundation for revenue & team growth.
- Listen to the needs of the market and share the learnings internally with cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Research, Brand Strategy, Content Planning & Content Partnerships
- Be proactive and innovative in solving problems and decision making both externally and internally
- Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
- BA/BSc degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant experience)
- 12+ years of experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting, or media
- 5+ years experience as a direct people manager
Experience working with agencies related to the public sector and an understanding of Public Affairs & Government Affairs.
Experience gained both with agencies preferable across CSR initiatives.
5+ years leadership experience, preferred executive level relationships across industry and in the region
Ability to sell C-Level and across departments
Strong technical aptitude
10+ years of solution sales experience selling in digital media or a related industry
Strong sales process discipline
Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
Excellent understanding of growing and sustaining businesses in a highly competitive and changing marketplace
Successful history of achieving quotas
Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
Ability to liaise with and motivate individuals at all levels of the partner relationship
Effective communicator with an ability to make formal and informal presentations to all levels of management
Drive to succeed and results focused
Ability to maintain a high level of productivity while effectively prioritizing initiatives.
A history of working effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
Ability to travel if deemed required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will interview with 5-10 people via a video conference call.