Staff Product Manager - Machine Learning Platform (Cortex)
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking for an experienced technical product leader to help us develop and execute on a long-term strategy for accelerating development of reliable, performant and fair Machine Learning services at Twitter. The Machine Learning Platform group sits within Cortex, Twitter’s centralised Machine Learning organization, and is responsible for providing the libraries that product teams use to build high performance, high impact, unbiased Machine Learning services at scale - as well as tools that help make Machine Learning practitioners within those teams more effective.
What You’ll Do:
You will collaborate with and observe Machine Learning practitioners in product teams across the company to gather insights and find opportunities for us to improve the ML Platform tools and libraries that we provide. You will help us craft a long-term vision for what the ideal ML Platform for Twitter looks like as well as a roadmap to get us there. Collaborating closely with engineering and product teams, you'll work to make sure that we are solving for the needs of the organisation in the future, not just those of today, and take responsibility for making that vision a reality.
Who You Are:
We’re looking for an experienced technical product manager with domain expertise in Deep Learning and building production infrastructure at scale. You should have both a deep technical background and a strong, customer-centric approach to product management, which you will have repeatedly demonstrated through past projects. As the Machine Learning Platform group is a part of our centralised Machine Learning organisation, you should also be experienced with crafting roadmaps that serve internal customers and be able to use a strong toolbox of tried and tested processes for ensuring effective communication and teamwork across organisations.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- Technical expertise in Deep Learning, with experience in building libraries and tooling for both production and experimentation infrastructure at scale.
- A validated ability to collaborate cross-functionally with distributed teams.
- Significant experience with both establishing and delivering on product strategies for platform capabilities within a larger organisation, to the clear and measured benefit of internal customer teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which allow you to excel at being an advocate for your teams and charter across Twitter.
- Experience getting things done through influence rather than authority.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical partners to explain impact and drive support.
- A strong growth mentality.
- 5+ years of prior product management experience within an infrastructure or platform team.
- 8-10 years of overall product management or other related experience.
- MEng or MSci in either Machine Learning or a related technical field, ideally with a strong background knowledge in Deep Learning.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.By applying for this role, you could choose to work in the following locations:
New York City
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.